what age

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

last chance

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am 48 my dad is 75 two boys 22 &18 all run saws and help out when we get cutting we can put a lot of wood up. hell iam just hitting my prime ex cept for the sore leggs, back, and arms, well maybe iam not in my prime. what are your ages

I hit a half century this year. Bad back, wear a back brace, have tendonitis in both arms, wear arm braces, hang out in the hottub a lot, and drink a lot of beer for the pain. Friends laugh at all my bracing. I find that a good anti-vibe saw like the 361 helps a lot with the tendonitis. They do not laught at the 361. Also have Presley-opia. I cannt see Elvis close up any more. Have to hold him at arms length, and sharpen chains with my reading glasses on. ;)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Feel a little older than I am now & then though.

Maybe I should quit going to the gym so often & wearing myself out.:lifter:

Most people's ages are in their profiles mate :D

I'm 50, ruined R ankle (47 breaks in '93), knees have post-op degenerative ostio-a, missing a few muscles in my left leg, crushed L-4 (highschool), and a bunch of other ****........but Imma a happy dude, booze helps, but there are better things :D Still workin' my butt off,it won't end soon imho :)

43 ... and still weary from cutting and collecting wood most of the weekend.

Last edited:
age isn't the question

I seen guys that should be dead at 50.
I have worked with guys that were 65 and could make you look sick.

The story goes, if I had known how long I was going to live I would have taken better care of myself. This summer I discovered that I have to be a little more careful how I push myself. I can cut and load 1 1/2 cd on Wednesday, go back out and do another cord the next day. Then unload a semi on friday, and walk 8 miles putting stock away on saturday..... But by Sunday I am a basket case. I have tossed enough wood this summer that my mother accused me of growing tits!

I might be 45, but that ain't the end of the road! The greatest thing I did this year was throwing away the smokes. Cold turkey. 10 months now. It is kinda fun to load the truck and not get winded! :clap: :clap:

-pat

I'm 47 years young, and loving every minute. I've been banged around and beat to he!!, broke legs, arms, a few ribs, and one neck. What the he!!, get over it.;)
I've always told my kids that I'm 180 pounds of spring steel, and rawhide.

Andy

I'm 46, don't move quite like I used to and take a little longer to heal but I have recently lost almost 20 pounds.

Basically doing fairly well - could be better but also could be a heck of a lot worse. I have always enjoyed being active - I'm not good at just sitting, I get restless.

I'll be 30 in November, and all I can say is, I'm starting to feel some pain, funny thing is my 75 year old father can keep up with me, I'm 6.1' and he is at best 5.7, and man is he one tough sob for his size, Men were men back in the day.:givebeer:

I seen guys that should be dead at 50.
I have worked with guys that were 65 and could make you look sick.

The story goes, if I had known how long I was going to live I would have taken better care of myself.

:cheers: Great post mate!

72 and still hacking it. Have two artificial hips though and one gives me a bit of a problem. Chain smoked up until about 10 years ago. Sstill have no stamina as far as walking/running but can go steady for about 4 hours cutting wood, stacking brush, loading. Split most of mine by hand but do use a hydraulic for the knots and crotches. I figure if it weren't for the 'wooding' I would be either dead or sitting in chair weight 500 lbs.

Harry K

I am 57 and just had my left knee replaced on 9-17. I want ericjeeper to have a one legged saw race so I can enter at his GTG.:greenchainsaw:

Been retired for 7.5 years and dont miss work a bit.......
I am still learning how to run saws even though I have been using them since 86.

Shipper

51 and been out of prime for the last 25 years since back injury at work. I was supposed to have a back operation but turned it down. Doc said I'd never work again without it but Sat and Sunday I (and the two boys) cut 4 big truck loads of wood. All of 2007 wood is in the shed. All of 2008 is bucked and piled at the farm, what can i saw now?:confused:

55 today shot once stabbed twice. quit drinking in 1980 [WAS HAVING TO MUCH FUN] quit smoking two years ago and as far as sex,it takes me all night to do what i use to do al night.life is good

It appears that I am one of the younger guys here at 39. Bad back, bad knees, fat bastard (well kinda at 6 ft. 240#, kinda like one of those guys on the front line when they hike the ball) drink alot of beer and can still out work all the young uns. I feel it though, I just don't let them know it. Wished I woulda got smarter at a younger age and quit picken' up those 250# stumps a few years ago though.:givebeer:

Harry, my hats off to ya. I can only hope to be doing this stuff at 72.

I'm 37, I look like I'm 47, some days I feel like I'm 57! Knees creek like an old floor board, but hope to get that fixed soon. Just had the shoulder done last winter...so I had to catch up on lost cutting time. Splitting is great rehab. Now it's hunting season, so the hard work should be done and my body can heal.

Thats mostly cause you mistreat your fellow man.......

Im a fresh 40 and I dont mind a bit, I just modified the way I do things somewhat. For instance, when I was 20 and Id fall down I would quickly bounce back up like I had springs in me and act like nothing happened just incase someone was looking.

Now when I fall down I kinda lay there looking around to see if there isint something I can accomplish while Im down there, then act like I ment to do that, again incase someone is looking......

Latest posts

Back