what age

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the very short side of 60.I really don't have a problem running a saw all day,even the big ones.Of course I don't attack things with my cat like speed when I was 30.

I can still get a truck load per hour of cut firewood rounds ,cut and chunked in the truck.The rest of that story is the truck is a Ford Ranger these days and not an F-250 as it used to be.

For what it's worth,my dad was still running his old Mac PM 610 when he was 80 years old.The old man was a tough old coot.

I think I'm the youngest guy here. I'm 19. I've mowed lawns for about 6 years now and have just started selling firewood two years ago. I only sell about 40 cord a year, which, with the setup I have right now is still a good bit of work

47, Started working on a farm at 11 and i'm getting tired.three fingers on left hand turn white in the cold due to vibration nerve damage.shortened two fingers on same hand with a chipper. spinal surgery last may. a life time of abuse to the body is starting to be felt . if i knew what i know now i surley would not have done what i did!

48 yrs. young.
Just found out today,
that I have surgery this Thursday.
On a kidney stone thats been in my uriter for 5 weeks now, blocking off the flow of urine from my left kidney.

YIPPEE !!!

I wont describe how they are gonna remove it...

:censored:

25, almost 26.

I'm always ready to go, looking for something to cut, split, tear apart, rebuild or make better.

Recently I have started a lot of hand splitting for strength training and I can notice a difference already, alot better workout than lifting weights and I have a pile of split firewood when I am done!

young one here

Iam 27. Doing lots of firewood and hope to be doing it for many many years to come. Learned alot from you guys/girls on here and thank you all for the time/info/and wisdom. I wish everyone on here many more years of happy/healthy...... cutting/carving/climbing/pruning/ ...or whatever it is you do to come.

Just turned 53 today have been cutting wood for 34 seasons now.I work out 2-3 times a week and feel that helps in the long run the biggest problem I have at this time is starting to get arthur in both hands just have to watch how I do things but is not slowing me down much.

Just turned 53 today have been cutting wood for 34 seasons now.I work out 2-3 times a week and feel that helps in the long run the biggest problem I have at this time is starting to get arthur in both hands just have to watch how I do things but is not slowing me down much.

Happy Birthday! Get yourself some Glucosamine/Chondrotion for the "arty" in your hands, it'll help but takes time.

Will be 47 end of November, and have been doing rehab since early August for a ruptured L-5 disc. When it happened I thought "this sucks; I don't need this nor have time for it" but it MAKES you make time for it! Do about 5 exercises everyday and believe that they are correct when they say that I'll be stronger now than I was before I hurt myself. Feel pretty good other than the disc and some knee bursitus from time to time. Just gotta take extra care as we're not getting any younger!! Stay active...:greenchainsaw:

Iam 27. Doing lots of firewood and hope to be doing it for many many years to come. Learned alot from you guys/girls on here and thank you all for the time/info/and wisdom. I wish everyone on here many more years of happy/healthy...... cutting/carving/climbing/pruning/ ...or whatever it is you do to come.

I will be 29 next month, other than that sloth summed it up real good! Thanks to all of you on AS for everything I know about saws, and the fun of meeting you all!

It seems us 40ish people have to speak . About 6 months before I turned 40 yrs. old the past came back. I was reckless and took some hard knocks fairly regular, mostly motorcycles throughing me around and this and that and then excess bending and lifting verylarge firewood rounds on top of the tattered frame , it doesnt feel like it used to. My dad used to warn me but I would tell him I was having fun. I never expected to make it much past 40. Hmm, if I make this month will beeee 49. About a month ago a waitress gave me the senior price of the dinner special, so I asked how old that was. Said 55, kinda blew my mind. I had a hard time remembering middle age. I guess I look younger when I get my annual haircut and beard trim whether I need it or not.

Thats mostly cause you mistreat your fellow man.......

Im a fresh 40 and I dont mind a bit, I just modified the way I do things somewhat. For instance, when I was 20 and Id fall down I would quickly bounce back up like I had springs in me and act like nothing happened just incase someone was looking.

Now when I fall down I kinda lay there looking around to see if there isint something I can accomplish while Im down there, then act like I ment to do that, again incase someone is looking......

LOL, ROFL, in fact, I hear ya, and IMHO the best part of getting older is the wiser and craftier part (although my wife may have a different opinion on my getting wiser ;))

I'm 39 (40 by year's end), and not too round for a 8h/day desk jockey, I keep fit in the yard. Rehab after a reconstructed ACL a few years ago made me realise that I like being fit so I do much better at it now.

I'll be at it as long as I can cuz I usually take the tough route when I can, keeps me honest and teaches the kids to dig in on a job although that lesson won't sink in until they stop to listen to their brains, probably around 30 if their anything like me)

I'm 22 and I just started getting into chainsaws. Young enough to still form a chainsaw habit :greenchainsaw:

33 years old, 1.97 meters and 105 kilos. First in the army, then worked as a gardener, now several years a cop.

Body took a lot of hard work, only my back hurts sometimes.

Due to the training, work/hobby in the forrest and healthy food, no fat on the body!

My only sin is beer:cheers: :cheers:

Dude here

I'm 34. I cut wood all the time, I"m a network engineer, but only because I don't want to end up broken down and dying at 50... I was running around 20 or so miles a week, hiking 20+ miles up mountains every week, swimming, tri's, snowboarding, 4 wheeling and anything else that seems fun or a challenge or even stupid and a rush. I lift at least 4 days a week, I'm 200lbs, 5'10". I can't run right now cause I ran and hiked so much this summer I fractured my Femur where it sits into the miniscus. I hurt sometimes, but I ignore it. I love endurance sports and hope to do an Ironman next year. I've been cutting wood/working in the family sawmill, wellllll, I remember going there when I was 4 or 5 yrs old. My great grandfather traded his old Cat Dozer to old man Hazelton for a sawmill they moved to where it's at right now. I think it dates back to the mid 1800's. It's got a 6 cylinder Cat engine, pulley system, you engage with the PTO from the old engine. I"ll get some pics and post them up here for everyone. I hope I die before I get to the point that I can't do anything. My mind still tells me I'm 20 most of the time, all the broken bones and whatnot in the past... I just say pis2 on it and look for the next challenge. :cheers:

OHhhhhhh yea, I still LOVEEEEEEEEE boobs and butts too!!!! Specially my wife's. She's getting ready for a Ms. Fitness show, lmfao...What a rack...

Last edited:
Darn near 61. Been doing this a while. I'm a little slower working, but I can drink beer faster than I ever could. More of it too. I can still wear the kids out working steady.

Celebrated my 39th birthday for the 15th time this year.

Get a little more sore each time I work wood. Back hurts after chainsawing or lifting rounds. But I can get up each day and go out and work which is the most important thing.

Don't forget that old saying

You are as old as (the girls) you feel.

Well i'm 19 goin on 15, can't grow a full beard yet but have a set of lambchops which would put elvis to shame:laugh:. 190 stiches, 6 broken ribs, lower left leg broken once, both ankles sprained numerous times, MCL f-ed up in the right leg, right arm broken once, right collar bone dislocated, 8 broken fingers + 1 thumb oh yeah having to go in and get the rabies series of shots the old series too at that and with my track record many more to come, thank god for the calcium in milk. most of these were caused by my own stupidity crashin dirt bikes/motorcycles, skiing, climbing trees/rocks and seeming to find my self in front of motor vehicles at the wrong time (only been ran/backed over 3 times):dizzy:

Dave,:cheers:

37 here, I've never been a watcher, always a do'er, and it's taking it's toll. Two back surgeries, impingements in both shoulders (which cause my hands or fingers, or both, to go numb when sleeping) and a list of daily aches and pains that I medicate with beer. I'm currently out with a separated rib (thats why I've had the time to hang out here :) )
When working, I still climb at least once a week with the kids (apprentices)
:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back