what age

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38, and in reasonable condition so far. I've got a few ligaments missing in my left knee as a result of a skiing accident, but that really doesn't bother me any more.

I remember my father working in steep valley woodland, carrying an Alpina 0-70 (about the weight of a modern MS 660), all day...when he was 78. Hopefully I'll be doing the same.

The only difference I see to getting older is that it takes longer to recover. Do a tough day with the saw, and you really feel it the next day.

62 today.

Cut/split about 12 cords/year to heat own house for about 30 years till Wife hit 55 a few years back.
Then installed a heat pump.
Wife said she was tired of all that cutting and splitting. <G>

I'll be 40 next month. I'm in pretty good shape as far as past injuries go. Never had a major one but am about 15-20lbs heavier than I should be. I am starting to feel my age though. My knees creak and are going to give me trouble as time goes on. I had them x-rayed a couple years ago when they hurt more than I thought they should. They told me that I have wear and the beginnings of arthritis in them. I split the wood I cut with a 6lb maul and the next day my hands ache from the impact vibs. Can't go hydraulic tho as it's the only real exercise I get.

Ian

Better give Waylon-N-Willie their props for using their line... LOL Actually I think it's "I can still jump as high, just can't stay that high that long" so I guess you paraphrased. :)

Ian

Last edited:
alittle past 48, You don't stop cause you're old you get old cause you stop. Don't stop!!!!!!!!!!!!:givebeer:

Whiners Unite

33 years old, 1.97 meters and 105 kilos. First in the army, then worked as a gardener, now several years a cop.
Body took a lot of hard work, only my back hurts sometimes.
Due to the training, work/hobby in the forrest and healthy food, no fat on the body!My only sin is beer:cheers: :cheers:

Hey you young S--TS, what's with all the whining --bad backs, broken limbs, beer belly, crooked joints, Arthuritis-all-over !!!? :help: It sounds as if you won't make even 50 :bowdown: . My neighbor just had his hip replaced at 82, cuts 6-7 cords for heating AND cooking every year, and yesterday jambed his finger in the splitter. Go to a doctor ? Whine ? No.

Any former jumpers out there ? Thank a Vet tomorrow.

Polexie: what gives with Amsterdam ? The city perfume is Cannibus, there are more Sex Toy shops than NYC, hundreds of kids stumble around stoned, the Window Girls look 12 years old, and friendly people everywhere in the beautiful town. We loved it. My lady even enjoyed touring the red light district. We will return. Great museums and architecture BTW.

Next year I'll turn 60,had a heart attack 5 years ago,I just love to cut wood. Just do it a little slower now cut and split about 8 to 10 cords a year use to do about 35 to 50 when I sold wood.Back then I use to split it all by hand,now I have a hydralic splitter on the back of the tractor. I force myself to slow down and take a break once in awhile.But besides that I really feel good.

Hey you young S--TS, what's with all the whining --bad backs, broken limbs, beer belly, crooked joints, Arthuritis-all-over !!!? :help: It sounds as if you won't make even 50 :bowdown: . My neighbor just had his hip replaced at 82, cuts 6-7 cords for heating AND cooking every year, and yesterday jambed his finger in the splitter. Go to a doctor ? Whine ? No.

i agree i ain't really complaining either someday it'll all catch up with me but till and after then i'll still giver hell:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back