What are people paying for the new MS261 and MS362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my MS261 & wood boss bar question

I just received my MS261 for $524 w/18" bar here near Philly. Dealer said his Stihl rep told him to buy one of the last three 260s before they are gone ... but the rep would not tell him why. Rep would only say, "...just buy it! <wink>" LOL, I think the salesman just wanted to get rid of the 260s. All my comparison showed the 261 to come out on top, plus it looks better. :)

Question for you guys:

My new MS 261 came with an 18" "wood boss" bar guide on it. I think that they come with the "E" which is what the wood boss is (I think), yet some state that they get the "ES" bar with the pro saws ... did the dealer give me a cheaper bar or is all well? :)

I finally seen the 261 today in person. They had it priced at $559 with a 16" .325 b/c. It felt alright for a small saw. I don't think I'll be getting one for that price anytime soon.

My new MS 261 came with an 18" "wood boss" bar guide on it. I think that they come with the "E" which is what the wood boss is (I think), yet some state that they get the "ES" bar with the pro saws ... did the dealer give me a cheaper bar or is all well? :)

The E is a cheaper bar, but it is also lighter than an ES. Take care of it and it will last you many years.

Latest posts

Back