What are some saw related things to do around Denver CO or along the way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why dont you go to the chemistry conference lol sounds like a hell of a time.
You can speak about how you turn a solid into a gas. =tree(solid) to smoke(gas)!!!
Or the cycle of co2 in trees lol

I will pass on that. I have been a speaker at these national conferences before it is no fun

I was hoping to find a member or two that collects vintage saws within 3hrs or so of Greeley. I would think the proximity to the mountains would lend it self to big timber cutting If not I guess I will just drive around

Bill,

I have no old saws at this time, and I don't know any others who do either, sorry.

I also do not know of any major lumber operations.

There is a very impressive mineral museum at the school of Mines in Golden, Co and it is even free.

Eldorado Springs state park is just past Golden, Co on the way to Boulder and is an impressive site to see.

I thought I had a line on a nice 090 Stihl locally but figured out it was a scam.

I just sold my old Remingtons, a mcculloch, and an old Homelite, so my oldest saw is now a Jonsereds 70E with no flywheel fan.

I might check out the mineral museum. The irony is my wife would get more out of that. Are there any huge dams or mechanical marvels there?

I am going to ask a question that I believe I probably already know the answer to but what type of Agriculture is in the area? My son thinks he wants to spend a season on a custom cutting crew

I might check out the mineral museum. The irony is my wife would get more out of that. Are there any huge dams or mechanical marvels there?

Not really.... There is a dam in Silverthorne on the way to Vail on I-70....

Lots of neat mountain towns on I-70 headed west out of Denver

I am going to ask a question that I believe I probably already know the answer to but what type of Agriculture is in the area? My son thinks he wants to spend a season on a custom cutting crew

Not much in Denver or on the west side by the mountains. The majority of ag is grown indoors in Denver.

There is lot of larger ag in Greeley and the flatlands east of I-25.

I will definitely find something to do. I maybe what some consider odd but I am happy just driving around and stopping alongside the road to talk with folks. Now granted this is a different example I am well known by my wife for being gone several hours to the feed store which is 1 hr roundtrip. I wpuld ask about your gun laws but once again I believe I already know the answer

This is a tourist destination/vacation spot for many, during the summer and winter, there is no lack of something to do or see. People here are a mixed bag; many are friendly, some are snobby and rude (usually the foreigners hired to work in tourist towns or people that moved here from California), and some are just impossible to understand their thinking(trust fund kids with no ambitions- lots of those in Boulder going to college for 20 years).

The gun laws are about the same as anywhere else, except if you are trying to buy a high capacity magazine in Colorado, of which you cannot buy a magazine that holds more than 15 rounds. You can possess and use a magazine that holds more than 15 rounds.

I can tell you that you won't find any "good deals" on guns to buy here in or near Denver. This is the most overpriced gun market I have ever seen.

Go to some of the local Stihl and Husqvarna dealerships in the area and see who does mechanic work on the area chainsaws and you might hook up with some racing saw guys up there. Never know ~!~!

Go to some of the local Stihl and Husqvarna dealerships in the area and see who does mechanic work on the area chainsaws and you might hook up with some racing saw guys up there. Never know ~!~!

Been there, tried it. Ain't none.

There are very few good shops with good mechanics and no one does race saws that I have found.

Heck, the mechanics are all "inside the box" thinkers that I have met, and those are the nice ones who work at the best shops. There are Husky dealers/mechanics here, but virtually zero Husky parts in stock, a complete opposite of the Stihl support here.

The mechanics in Denver fix landscaper saws and pro arborist saws, demo saws, and none or very little big saws here.

You see one MS661 to 1,000 MS251's and one MS880 to 1,000 MS661's.

............... People here are a mixed bag; many are friendly, some are snobby and rude (usually the foreigners hired to work in tourist towns or people that moved here from California), and some are just impossible to understand their thinking(trust fund kids with no ambitions- lots of those in Boulder going to college for 20 years)...................

Those folks exist everywhere. They exist in every race, nationality, gender and social background.

I just realized Coors is not far away. My wife and I have been to Miller and Busch. I always told here I would never see Coors.

Haha, they give tours and free beer at the Coors plant after the tour, also in the town of Golden.

I haven't been, but I heard it is enjoyable.

stopping to see some of the many small mountain towns in and about the areas out of Denver on way to Vail, Copper, Arapahoe, etc should be interesting. many have a mining history. Colorado school of mines is world famous. try not to look like a tourist... limit cameras around ur neck to 6, don't wear plaid shorts and black sox with upper holders... and for sure a Hawaiian shirt. or corny hat... best bet is to be as local as u can be... ;)

travel as a local, not a tourist...
acam.jpg

stopping to see some of the many small mountain towns in and about the areas out of Denver on way to Vail, Copper, Arapahoe, etc should be interesting. many have a mining history. Colorado school of mines is world famous. try not to look like a tourist... limit cameras around ur neck to 6, don't wear plaid shorts and black sox with upper holders... and for sure a Hawaiian shirt. or corny hat... best bet is to be as local as u can be... ;)

travel as a local, not a tourist...
View attachment 514458

Well I will address this point by point
I do not own a camera that would go on my neck
I do not wear shorts hence my legs have not seen sun since coming out of the womb
I do wear what you may call plaid. I call it a flannel shirt
I do wear black sox when I wear a suit
I do not own nor ever owned a shirt from Hawaii
I do own many hats as for corny I guess yes they are corn companies

Latest posts

Back