What are the most oddball things you have found inside old trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quarters mostly. A couple dollars too, all coins were from 1930-1938 American coins with a few that looked maybe european, either Italian or Spanish.

Brought it up to the home owner and he said we could keep them so we did a 40-30-30 split. Gave most of mine to a friend for his wedding gift and got one hell of a surprise. He said that the dollars were worth about $350 and the quarters ranged between 40 and 200 in the condition I gave them to him.
I have one silver peace dollar and one standing liberty quarter left. Turns out I gave him a roughly $2k gift I found in the dirt. Lol.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

Quarters mostly. A couple dollars too, all coins were from 1930-1938 American coins with a few that looked maybe european, either Italian or Spanish.

Brought it up to the home owner and he said we could keep them so we did a 40-30-30 split. Gave most of mine to a friend for his wedding gift and got one hell of a surprise. He said that the dollars were worth about $350 and the quarters ranged between 40 and 200 in the condition I gave them to him.
I have one silver peace dollar and one standing liberty quarter left. Turns out I gave him a roughly $2k gift I found in the dirt. Lol.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.
You may have given him $2k but those type of deals have a way of returning to a guy many fold.

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

I was finishing up a spruce removal. I thought what was at the top was just a square nest. Nope blue Herring. I now try to check nests when i climb removals.

I was finishing up a spruce removal. I thought what was at the top was just a square nest. Nope blue Herring. I now try to check nests when i climb removals.

Herring is a fish.

Blue Heron is the bird.

Years ago I found an old sardine can one time when I dropped a double trunk, must have been put in the crotch when the property was logged off decades earlier.
Recently, I was courting up a double Doug fir blown over by sandy and there was a drinking glass in between the stems about 10' down from the split, there was also a license plate bird house in there too.
On the more common side, cutting a sugar maple trunk at my cousins, the whole inside of the trunk was full of cement.
Lots of eye screws and cloths lines pulleys.
I will try to post a pic later of a tree growing around the driveshaft of a model t at my dad's friends house. When the fella passed, we cut the tree and the driveshaft and are going to make an end table with it.

Back