What are these used for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap True.90 Cummins is what I learned to Drive in but always had a soft spot for the 318,360.I believe the 3.9 Dakota i had was probably the toughest vehicle i drove.I got tired of driving it when it caught on fire and hit 300k.it passed thru 3 family Members before it got to me.I sold it to an uncle after I rewired it and he finally Junked it.Only thing wrong was that it needed a rear axel.:laugh:
Back to the regular Sceduled programming.:oops:

Slant six was good too

i am unaware of dodge making any inline 6's for the trucks besides the diesel they use from cummins although they very well may have. most inline engines are good. the 300 I6 ford used for years was a crazy good engine. my buddy had one he beat and the thing had a rod cap break off. thing ran with hardly any oil pressure and on 5 cylinders for 3-4 months. i was surprised the rod cap didn't punch a hole in the pan.

My son has a Traxxas...35mph on batteries...you can run it about 20 and nail it and it will wheelie itself onto the roof....and this one is just a beginner's toy.

i've got that same one right now. sold my revo 3.0 gas stadium truck though. man that thing was a hoot. i may actually buy another one now that i'm thinking about it. pretty sweet when you can exceed the city speed limits with a remote control :D just sucks to order in fuel all the time. believe it or not i got 25 gallons through one of those little engine before it took a **** on me. i also got the kyosho stadium truck and the team accociated buggy i won the juniors with back in 97 :)

YES... like stickers, the more you add, the faster it goes!
Stickers DO make you faster. The companys that those stickers represent pay you money if you win. Sometimes, you just have to win rounds, the more rounds, the more money. Other ones may only pay out for semi-final & finals (runner-up & winner).

How's that make you go faster? You take your winnings & go buy more go-fast parts to go faster! Actually, in the real world, you use it for travel expenses, race fuel, new slicks, replace broken/worn pieces & parts (sometimes parts turn into pieces), replace expired safety gear, etc.,etc., then hopefully, there's something left to upgrade with.

Yep, chainsaws are a lot cheaper to play with.

Now, back to those hood scoops.

actually dodge need all the help they can get :D go chevy :numberone: your to young to have a serious opinion on vehicles yet. right now it's just what your daddy taught ya. ;)
Didn't know the personal attacks were coming out... :nofunny:
And what he's taught me, was right:baaa:
And I've been told Dodge pickups came through with slant sixes at one point or another. Don't know a lot about inferior truck brands though.... not to mention any names....

Didn't know the personal attacks were coming out... :nofunny:
And what he's taught me, was right:baaa:
And I've been told Dodge pickups came through with slant sixes at one point or another. Don't know a lot about inferior truck brands though.... not to mention any names....

smart ass :p they do have a "slant six". it's called the cummins ;) to be perfectly honest. i'm a chevy guy, but if i were gonna buy a new truck today it would be a F350 with the 6.7 PS. my current truck has been pretty bullet proof though so gonna keep it. if i get rid of it my luck will run out. just wait til you actually drive these vehicles sonny boy. i was once a dodge guy but once i started driving them all i realized what a POS they are.

smart ass :p they do have a "slant six". it's called the cummins ;) to be perfectly honest. i'm a chevy guy, but if i were gonna buy a new truck today it would be a F350 with the 6.7 PS. my current truck has been pretty bullet proof though so gonna keep it. if i get rid of it my luck will run out. just wait til you actually drive these vehicles sonny boy. i was once a dodge guy but once i started driving them all i realized what a POS they are.
Well the slant six I'm referring to is a gas, not a diesel. Don't know much about them like I've said.
And who said I'm a Chevy fan? You molested my original post! Unacceptable!

smart ass :p they do have a "slant six". it's called the cummins ;) to be perfectly honest. i'm a chevy guy, but if i were gonna buy a new truck today it would be a F350 with the 6.7 POS. my current truck has been pretty bullet proof though so gonna keep it. if i get rid of it my luck will run out. just wait til you actually drive these vehicles sonny boy. i was once a dodge guy but once i started driving them all i realized what a POS they are.

I work on all of them..They're all varying degrees of junk. I personally drive a 98 Tacoma and an 02 dodge diesel. The dodge is in my garage not because it's awesome like a 362, or a great truck or anything, because it's definitely not, it's a POS. But, that said POS is way easier to work on that any other truck out there. It's simple. Stick shift and a manual shifted t-case. The way they're laid out makes service simple and with the inline, there is a lot more room under the hood. They're all gonna break so I picked the ones that are easiest to fix when they do. With that said, the Tacoma owes me nothing. That truck was put together right. I've fixed things on it, but based on the amount of work the two trucks have done, the dodge should be embarrassed. It eats parts. The only thing the Tacoma eats is fuel. For a small truck it's a pig but but it never lets me down and the little bastard pulls my dump trailer with gusto. I stack a full cord on the trailer and then fill the bed if I need extra room. Thats a lot to ask of a 3.4l v6

Back