What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I can't believe a thread I started a LONG time ago is still alive.
Beautiful work everyone!
Its pity so many pictures were lost from this thread, especially yours Stony as some of your early posts had quality/impressive pics in them all done with a 50cc saw as I recall.
Apparently it happened to a lot of forums during a 2012 forum software update.
If you are a long standing member and posted a lot of photos the Mods are interested in getting them reinserted.
If you see them nicely they might let you re-edit your old posts so you can re-insert lost pictures.
I have been slowly putting mine back in.
Only have about 2000 to go!.

A bridge, quite a ways out in the woods,

Resized-20211022-142757-396-S.jpg

Almost done,

IMG-5599-S.jpg

Just need to trim the boards, and bolt a 2x on both ends of the boards...

SR

A bridge, quite a ways out in the woods,

Resized-20211022-142757-396-S.jpg

Almost done,

IMG-5599-S.jpg

Just need to trim the boards, and bolt a 2x on both ends of the boards...

SR

Bridges in remote areas are some of the best structures. They are enjoyed by few, typically, but they are magnificent finds to be relished.
This is a bridge my son built for a fella in Indiana. He logged, milled, designed and built this bridge with some good help in a few weekends. I don’t recall its dimensions, but it is much larger than it appears.

1643550966747.jpeg
1643550995782.jpeg
1643551016387.jpeg

1643551047053.jpeg

Ill
Its pity so many pictures were lost from this thread, especially yours Stony as some of your early posts had quality/impressive pics in them all done with a 50cc saw as I recall.
Apparently it happened to a lot of forums during a 2012 forum software update.
If you are a long standing member and posted a lot of photos the Mods are interested in getting them reinserted.
If you see them nicely they might let you re-edit your old posts so you can re-insert lost pictures.
I have been slowly putting mine back in.
Only have about 2000 to go!.
I'll have to look through and see what i have for pictures.
Yes, good memory. Much of my milling was done with 50 cc saws. I did step up to an 80cc pioneer near the end of my milling day's.
I may start milling small logs again. I no longer build furniture for a living. But have recently gotten the bug to build again

Bridges in remote areas are some of the best structures. They are enjoyed by few, typically, but they are magnificent finds to be relished.
This is a bridge my son built for a fella in Indiana. He logged, milled, designed and built this bridge with some good help in a few weekends. I don’t recall its dimensions, but it is much larger than in appears.
That is a very nice looking structure. The large scale jointery on the support looks intricate! Surely a good find to stumble across in the woods.

Got just a simple shelf put together the other day. My daughter didn't want to wait on me to get a 10' slab cut so I had to join 2 slabs in the middle.
I usesd 5 half in dowels 6" long to join them.
It's for shampoo in her salon so nothing fancy, just 2 coats of clear polyurethane
d7f630fc4b8322a3cea6b3ec84995ee9.jpg
01554a8001efc4b9b277c701c689764c.jpg
8896d7d917350cbe68afc341ca0ac292.jpg
7280512e64f851973f093b9609e52ac3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I am so bad at remembering to take pictures. Here are a few of my current projects. Both are birch that I milled from my land. The table is shown just stained and with one coat of sealer on the top. I'll finish spraying in the morning. The 2nd table picture is right after I sprayed the sealer, so there is a bit of overspray in the pic. The 2nd piece is a tv cabinet I have been building. That one won't be done for a week or so as its no hurry. I'll post pics of both finished after they are done. The table pics should be here saturday. All the birch was milled with a 48cc 031, 24 inch bar, baileys lp chain.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stonykill/PROJECTS
Well as soon as I get a most simplest of setups going ill be milling some beams and 2x4s to rebuild my shop that my ex wife burnt to the ground with everything I owned in it about a year and a half ago. I've got around 7 good sized oak logs i have fell throughout the last few months and finally have a worthy saw to get the job done. Can't wait.

Back