What Are Your........"Just Came Across This Saw And Couldn't Resist" Stories!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like Ultra, if I see it and want it, I just buy it. For the most part, I like finding the <$50 'parts saws' that really need just need some TLC - a good cleaing, a carb rebuild, a fuel line and filter, and a tune-up.

04ultra said:
I see it I buy it...Just bought another MS660 today couldn't stop my self again....

I'm the opposite, I guess. I've seen two nice saws in pawn shops (both with good pistons)... a 360 and a 440... that were good deals. I wanted to whip out the plastic, but then I start rationalizing between needs and wants. I usually have to walk away when college tuition for one son and a trip to the orthodontist looms for another.

My greatest deal was at a yard sale, a Stihl 028 Wood Boss, in the case, with scrench and wedges for $5.
Couldn't have been more than 5 hours on it and the owner left it with the gas in it for a couple years. Cleaned carb and she runs beautiful. Not my biggest saw, but my favorite.

Husky 55 Rancher

Brand new but missing parts on the Lowe's clearence rack. I started to walk away and thought I'm nuts. Paid $100 for the bar, chain and powerhead, spent $80 for the chain brake, bar nuts, misc. screws, bar oil and 2 cycle oil and a sheath. My first brand new chainsaw.

Jeff

Well, I just went through this myself. Although I'm a Jonsered/Husky and Dolmar guy, there were a couple of saws that were too cheap to leave behind. One was an 032 Stihl in excellent shape for just $50. But the part that really shows lack of control was the Homelite XL-12 sitting next to it in good shape, with a brand new bar and chain for only $40. I think the reasoning was: don't have one that sounds like that/ American classic or some such thinking.

Husky 36 Free

My first saw was FREE!
It was a Husky 36 that had been backed over by a truck. My brother-in-law tossed it in his shop where it laid for a year or so. One day I spied it and asked him what he was going to do with it. He said "throw it away!" I took it and put a new sproket, clutch, bar and chain on it, new plug and it fired and cuts like a jewel.
He purchased another one just like the one that had been run over and believe it or not, he ran over "it" also HIMSELF!
Needless to say; "I now OWN 2 HUSKY 36's that were FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they're still cuttin'!

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!

Two Husky 36's and soon to own a Husky 262XP

I'm a 361 junkie; just bought my third one. This one now has a muffler mod, one of the others has an engine mod by Big Dave; and, the third one has an engine mod and a pipe by Ed. I just really enjoy these saws. Got the latest one off ebay; still had the paper bar code patch on the front of the saw, it looks brand new; for $350.

I was at a garage sale and I simply couldn't resist buying all the saws there.:rock:
John

SC.jpg

Dang Gypo, what a line up. :dizzy: Is that a Big ol' Mac on the left side?

You really need to clean your fourwheeler off from time to time! :greenchainsaw: Is it a Foreman?

Good Saw

Found My Jonsered 670 Wedged In A Tree And No One Around While Bird Hunting, Got It Out And Took It To The Header But It Was All Cleaned Up So I Took It Home Dumped Out The Water In The Gas Tank And It Still Runs Great Today 12 Years Late And Un Known Cords Of Wood

Gypo, isn't that the infamous AA Stihl with the plastic laminated 8" bar on the right? Those are good runners, but no chain brake.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Gypo Logger said:
I was at a garage sale and I simply couldn't resist buying all the saws there.:rock:
John

SC.jpg
I can see why they sold most of them. There is only 3 good ones in the bunch!!!(lol) you need:help:

Rick

Latest posts

Back