What Bubba and I did this afternoon!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they say that porting is succesfull when you have 50% of original power left :hmm3grin2orange:

but now, we want videos of that little orange beast!

sawinredneck said:
Ok, if you look at the very first picture, the four smaller holes are the transfer ports and the webs or walls between them were about .125" thick. This is where I focused mos of my attention. I ground them down to .030" thick and blended everything in matching the original angle as best I could, I was told that is critical, but you can remove about as much as you want otherwise with little chance of detremental effect. (I may get corrected on that shortly?)
Andy
Be real careful doing this because if you mess up and take to much off the sides it will cause a free port, which is no good. Done right, this should improve the motor noticeablely.

blis said:
they say that porting is succesfull when you have 50% of original power left :hmm3grin2orange:

but now, we want videos of that little orange beast!

I'll do what I can on that this afternoon.

Manual, all I did was polish/smooth the sides, the material was removed from the dividing wall only!

And

sawinredneck said:
Yes, the solder is to measure the distance between the top of the piston and the bottom of the cylinder. As Oldsaw stated already, I removed the base gasket on this saw to gain compression and really needed to check it, but I figured this was an all or nothing experement so it really didn't matter that much to me!

Andy
So what was the deck height ? You realy should check it all saws are different. Could save you some money in the long run.

manual said:
So what was the deck height ? You realy should check it all saws are different. Could save you some money in the long run.

Yes I should, but I doubt I will, like I said, this thing is either going to run like a striped ape, or I am going to have a box full of "BLOWSH!TUP"!!!!!!:monkey: And I will be looking for a new P/C kit. I know this is the wrong atitude, but the way my luck with saws has been lately, I think the squish has very little to do with whether or not this saw will hold together. I am honestly amazed it started at all manual!!!:hmm3grin2orange:
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Yes I should, but I doubt I will, like I said, this thing is either going to run like a striped ape, or I am going to have a box full of "BLOWSH!TUP"!!!!!!:monkey: And I will be looking for a new P/C kit. I know this is the wrong atitude, but the way my luck with saws has been lately, I think the squish has very little to do with whether or not this saw will hold together. I am honestly amazed it started at all manual!!!:hmm3grin2orange:
Andy
Could break the case also.
I understand what you are saying.
I just thought other people following this thread my show a concern for there saws.

blis said:

Blis,

Are you yanking our chain when you say you are 17? Comments like this one are uncharacteristically wise for that age. Fess, up. You are just lying about your age to stay out of the army, aren't you?

Bill

manual said:
Could break the case also.
I understand what you are saying.
I just thought other people following this thread my show a concern for there saws.

And you are absolutely correct there manual!!!! I cannot, and will not argue with that logic!!!

NOT CHECKING THE SQUISH IS A GOOD WAY TO BLOW UP YOU"RE SAW!!!!!!!!
This is a very HICK build, and if you want it done properly take the time and do it right!!! I am very saw unhappy right now, so I am trying to make something from nothing and I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS!!!

Ok, time for the wise ones to interject some wisdom now!
Andy

B_Turner said:
Blis,

Are you yanking our chain when you say you are 17? Comments like this one are uncharacteristically wise for that age. Fess, up. You are just lying about your age to stay out of the army, aren't you?

Bill

fine fine, i admit it, im 18 in 2 months :hmm3grin2orange:

sawinredneck said:
Andy

Andy....That saw hates you...It just might blow..........

B_Turner said:
Blis,

Bill

His mom didn't file his birth certificate for 10 years! :D His English is also way too good - I think he's not from or in Finland at all! Quick, track his IP... If it end up at a proxy server, we'll know he hiding from something:laugh:

sawinredneck said:
I am very saw unhappy right now, so I am trying to make something from nothing and I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS!!!

Andy

Put the video camera on then go hammer the SOB in some real wood!:hmm3grin2orange:

the "other" Andy.

well if he know what ingredients "vargtass" is made of then he is from Finland for sure :hmm3grin2orange:

SWE#Kipp said:
well if he know what ingredients "vargtass" is made of then he is from Finland for sure :hmm3grin2orange:

If i just knew what vargtass is.... :popcorn:

SWE#Kipp said:
A drink ,,, " wolf paw" made by a famous vodka company :heart:

wolf paw :confused:

you must be ????ting me, havent heard about such thing... we only drink vodka, koskenkorva, pontikka and pirtu (medical booze :biggrinbounce2: )here ...

Well, I am disapointed. I stessed to use something to check squish, but most of the 346's are ok without a gasket... I tried giving you all the pointers to keep it from being a hack build. I specifically stressed the word conservative......

The intake and exhuast look too narrow...Lot of meat left in there for sure.

The lower tansfers look really good for a first time attempt at them. Did you match them to your old gasket (outside edge and corners)?

Not quite sure about all the little holes in the muff, but it should still run, it is just how good will it run?

Late night phone call....Yeah it was after 3am, didn't even relize it....Then I made a post about using all bold type... So I guess I helped a guy and then I made a guy mad in the same night...

Anyhooters, hope it runs great.

sawinredneck said:
And you are absolutely correct there manual!!!! I cannot, and will not argue with that logic!!!

NOT CHECKING THE SQUISH IS A GOOD WAY TO BLOW UP YOU"RE SAW!!!!!!!!
This is a very HICK build, and if you want it done properly take the time and do it right!!! I am very saw unhappy right now, so I am trying to make something from nothing and I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS!!!

Ok, time for the wise ones to interject some wisdom now!
Andy

Andy, I couldn't think if a finer "hick" to do a "hick" rebuild. I think that is a compliment....maybe anyway...:)

Mark

Kosken is the maker, its vodka and "lingon" A red berry don't know the english word, maybe cranberry ,,

Back