What company currently makes best A/M Rings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaladinMan187

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I got my hands on 4 TS-420 saws. All of them need work and I wanted to start with cleaning up the piston/jug and throwing new rings at the two saws that have the least damage. What company makes the best AfterMarket piston rings right now? I don't mind paying for quality but not crazy about throwing OEM rings at these saws. Thanks in advance.

definitely caber for AM. some other rings are ok too but i think they are harder to get without buying a whole piston. i use HLSupply for f-cast cabers and northwood saw for the regular cabers, both same price after shipping. i would say regular cabers are OEM quality but the f-cast are harder and tougher to break in so i would only run them in new nikisil plated bores where a new f-cast would be so close to seated at install that it wouldn't take much run time the break it in.

I like the black coated Hyway rings,I've used a lot of Hyway pistons with the coated skirt and find them well made as a meteor but way lighter.
A 394 meteor is 115g the Hyway measures exactly the same but is 100g.
That's a giant difference that absolutely is a gain.
Don't use f-cast cabers.

Latest posts

Back