What did you do this weekend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the last ten days in Japan... no saws here and if there were, I couldn't tell you the model anyways:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't read Japanese!

I know there is some German ones over there as well since I have shipped stihl 084 parts there. ;)

Weekends = Football around here spending time with Family. :msp_thumbup:

I worked on saws a little on Saturday, I got a 4 cases assembled (395, 181, and 2x288).

Sunday I wedged over a few dead red oaks that wanted to fall into a pond, then bucked into fire wood for my uncle. He has 20+ cord split and stacked but he keeps putting up more wood cradle buildings to fill. I think he's bored and avoiding his wife that will find something for him to do if she sees him sitting still. :laugh:

Also cut some wood with fellow AS members near Chelsea, IA on Sunday afternoon. It was a good Sunday! Sorry I don't think anyone got pictures.

I also spent several hours grinding down the rivets, polishing them, and then spinning all the pieces back together. It's almost ready for filing.

IMG_20121115_233753_191-M.jpg

.......Polishing, then spinning?????? Got that backwards!!!!.....Got a long way to go Brad!......you haven't doggy boned it yet!......Hahahahahahaha!

Finally got to try out my new 24" Oregon Power Match bar and Oregon chain I got for the 650!

Noodled the larger white oak chunks in half, used the steel wedge and maul on smaller rounds. Split all that was left of my tree pile before hurricane Sandy, but now I have 6-7 more tree's that uprooted from the storm.

423033_509330155758328_1584387911_n.jpg

207524_509328349091842_1665787114_n.jpg

start of the piles, this is only about a 1/4 of what was split
302764_509329809091696_1685429582_n.jpg

I finally bought a pressure washer, no more dirty saws on my bench!!!!

Pressure washing saws?! I'd like a parts washer, not sure about pulling the pressure washer out for them though!

I played with the new to me 268, boxed up a 3120, got leaves out of the yard (3 acres), Thanksgiving dinner shopping, and hung out with some buddies from school that were in town.

Thursday night: Emptied the laundry room and taped it for painting.

Friday: After work (1030) went to a buddy's place with my son to cut down and buck up a Locust he feared was going to go over in a storm (Took my nmurph 346XP, too!). Wife was painting laundry room while we cut. Came home and started to tear down a Pro Mac 10-10.

Saturday: Ran around getting hoses and shelving for laundry room. Looked at saw stuff in the BB stores. Put laundry room back together. Mowed the lawn and did general cleanup outside. Switched the mower and snowblower around, hopefully done mowing for this year. Rearranged wood pile on porch. Put up new shelving in garage to hold saw parts. Swore at the 10-10 and had a few beers before sweeping out garage.

Sunday: Cleaned a few saws and swore at the 10-10 some more before shelving it in favor of an MS310. Did a few errands and had a few more beers before watching only 5 hours of football.

Not bad ....

Ha, very cool. My parents live in Coudersport, PA. Right off of route 6.

Did you see any Elk? I have some buds up near Warton bear hunting this week. I have lots of Pals up that way. And lots of freinds with camps in those parts. Nice country !!

I worked for a company doing corrosion surveys on gaslines up that way about 8 years ago. We stayed at Potatoe City for about 3 months. I walked every steel gas line from Batavia New York, to Clearfeild Pa.. Then back to the compressor station just outsde of Coudersport to almost Corning New York. I ate leaks from nearly every ridge in North Central Pa. cause we were there in April. I'm a country boy at heart, but I really wouldn't want to live up there. Once fishing season winds down, theres not much to do.

Oh yea , What I did. Cleaned leaves out of yard. Big job around here. Got my material together for my wood shelter I'm building. Then got my traps out and cleaned up a little getting them ready for water season. Mink and muskrat opened Saturday. Coons should be prime too.

Latest posts

Back