What did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well boys and girls, This is what I did today.

After my first session of sawing, I figured out a few modifications to my setup. I got my sawlogs higher off the ground, so i roll them onto the lumbermate instead of up onto. I also have enabled myself to position the mill so the sawdust blows away with the wind, instead of back in my face.

Here is what I started with this morning. A ton of skidded sticks, and a tractor.

100_3701.jpg

A nice white ash, 24" diameter.

100_3703.jpg

Here's big red,

This log is 2100 pounds and the TN95F lifted her at an idle, nooo problem

100_3704.jpg

The legendary supersteer, you just can't beat that turning radius. No one else comes close

100_3705.jpg

Craig

Nice... looks like some of those logs have been sitting there a while. How long, and then how much end degrade did you find when you sliced it up?

What did you do today?

My "almost" 8 yr old nephue was over, and i was letting him drive the tractor around that i bought the other day. He was giving me rides... lol

standard.jpg

Then we took turns with the BB gun, and some other things..... BUT, my day isn't over, so there's more adventures to come for later!

Thanks for the great picts...

Rob

woodshop, yes the logs were older, most of them i cut dead this winter so at least 6 months degradation. They are all still very millable as i tore into one of the white oaks last night on the lumbermate. At the point of harvesting them i didn't know enough to coat the ends. You can see in the picture alot of the logs are longer so i had buck some of them down to size for the lumbermate, and THOSE i used end sealer on them.

aggie i'm not sure of what it can lift, i havent conducted any tests persay... but it will lift the back tires off the ground before it quits

An ALO 910, on a full size tractor with a high psi pump will lift close to 3,400 pounds...

I don't think there's a better loader made today than ALO. After all, ALO invented the idea of putting a loader on a tractor waaaaaaaay back when, and got the ball rolling!

DM

you have an ALO... 310(??) rob?

Yep, as long as we have run our vineyard operation with our newhollands we have run alo, you cant beat em especially with the quick attach mounting system for implements and the arms themselves.

I have never had a problem lifting anything except a couple humongous rocks, and its not that it didnt lift them, the bucket just wouldn't tip up.

Craig

Yes, it's a 310...

ALO made some loaders for a time that would out pick all others of their size... They called them 310's and no they longer make them. I've very lucky to have bought one of them when they were available... A friend who also has one, put me onto them waaaay back when i bought it.

An ALO rep at the Louisville Farm Show told me that, "it was a spl. purpose loader build to be as a compact loader for a full size tractor that would out pick the others", and that they probably would never build another like it. It's rated to pick 3,650 and that's a lot for a smaller loader.

Picking up huge loads with a loader can be very hard on the front end of a tractor, so i'm very carefull and go slow when i do so... I've drug some HUGE boulders out of my fields with it by grabbleing them, and dragging them right out of the ground...

standard.jpg

Then i load them on a trailor and move them off the field,

standard.jpg

My tractor has a quite "high pressure" hydraulic system, so combined with the 310, it will pick up a pretty good load...

Rob

Cool pics Rob. I've been looking for a used set of grapple forks for our skid-steer for some time but it seem those who have them won't let them go. New ones are pricey.

I have seen those pics over on the farm tractor in the woodlot thread rob, thats awesome... I'd like to have a hydraulic thumb like that

Latest posts

Back