What do you take to the bush for a day out cuttng fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just curious what all you take to the bush for day of cutting. I always feel like i take too much.

For me its two saws, atv, two file sets, rope for pulling trees, water/ coffee, stump vice gas/ bar oil, safety gear, and probly think of more later lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Wedges, mini sledge or hatchet log roller thing

Just curious what all you take to the bush for day of cutting. I always feel like i take too much.

For me its two saws, atv, two file sets, rope for pulling trees, water/ coffee, stump vice gas/ bar oil, safety gear, and probly think of more later lol.

Well I hope you bring a helper and you left out a sandwich.

Oh ya the boy comes too. Last time my mom even wanted to come out. Bring back memories of her going to bush with my dad when he was around.

And yes of caurse i forgot sandwich and some snacks.

i just bring a jug of water, fuel/bar oil, 562, and a spare square ground chain. i don't eat while i'm out there. it only take 45 min the cut and load if i ain't splitting. i don't need no stuff to pull logs as i usually just drop a greeny right on the road. makes for easy cutting and loading lol

Couple saws, gallon of saw gas, gallon of bar oil, gallon of water, toolbox with basic hand and saw tools. Sledge hammer, assorted wedges, splitting maul, and a couple chains.

1990 Toyota 4x4, 357,036 + a small saw Chaps and a few tools! Water, tobacco! And something to take pix or videos lol

if its just me, 2 saws, 2 spare chains for each, my hatchet, my sr=crench, carb adjusting screwdrivers, gallon of gas, gallon of bar oil. bunch of water, a couple sodas, the ever important can of copenhagen, good gloves, hearing protection, glasses, files, plastic wedges, and my most favoritist thing i carry when i cut wood, my 1911! never know what critter will come boiling out of a hollow tree, Plus .45 acp does a good job of taking down branches that are just out of reach (as long as there is a safe backdrop or empty area for a stray bullet to land :)

if its just me, 2 saws, 2 spare chains for each, my hatchet, my sr=crench, carb adjusting screwdrivers, gallon of gas, gallon of bar oil. bunch of water, a couple sodas, the ever important can of copenhagen, good gloves, hearing protection, glasses, files, plastic wedges, and my most favoritist thing i carry when i cut wood, my 1911! never know what critter will come boiling out of a hollow tree, Plus .45 acp does a good job of taking down branches that are just out of reach (as long as there is a safe backdrop or empty area for a stray bullet to land :)
I always take the rifle with me too. never know what ya might get for dinner.

Wedges, mini sledge or hatchet log roller thing

I tend to bring too much when I go out but always have a first aid kit as well.

MS260 w/18" bar, three sharp chains, 036 Pro w/18" bar, three more sharp chains, (we have lots of rocks up here on the ridge) 066 magnum w/sharp chain (only chain I have for that 28" bar), TRX250 Recon, Kubota L245, Kioti CK35 with front loader, 14' dump gooseneck trailer, Ram Diesel 3500 4x4, a scrench, and a tiny little flat screwdriver!;)

Most of my cutting is within a couple hundred yards of the house and if not , just a couple miles. Usually just a saw and an axe.

Back