What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the huskys that I've run hold a special place in my heart. But I would go 372xp for all around champ.

If I had to guess..I'd say the 372, just from the ink it gets on here. Followed by the 346ne. But, I'll have to say 385xp, seein how thats the only Husky I have.:clap:
Doesn't dissapoint me in the least, for felling, bucking and milling!

:cheers:
Gregg,

The 385xp is a great saw!

I wish that trees in my neck of the woods were big enough to take the beast into the field and use it more often! I bucked up some large elm with it last summer. The torque that it has in stock form is impressive. Just imagine with a woods port how much torque it would have. I use my univent the most out of all my saws. It is all about chain speed, but with my 385xp. It is about dogging in and torque! Big bore saws rule! :monkey:

I shure put a vote for the 365 special with big bore kit and walker style muffler. Its great fun with power to spare also the 353 is great.

:greenchainsaw:

There really are only 3 candidates; 262xpg, 346xpg and 372xpg.

My order is;

(1) 346xpg

(1 1/2) MS361W (it really is a Husky design - but the "blueprints" were stolen from the Husky factory by a suspect Beligian, and smuggled into Germany)

(2) 372xpg

(3) 262xpg.

Last edited:
A 3120...? Really??

I literally look at a 3120 like its one of the most primitive saws available today. To each his own I guess....

A big saw for a big guy!! :)

PRIMITIVE ???

Hey look there little fella, us "primitive" knuckle draggers like something that can be horsed with and not break apart in our hands

Am I funny or what?

If I could get a deal on one it would be in my stable now.

I was and still am looking for a well cared for or low use 372XP (even Craig's List in my area show them as $ 500.00), made more sense to buy a new Makita.

Seriously:a long bar will break the stud mounting bosses much more easily on modern lighter weight magnesium cased saw.

I like the idea of all that extra weight goes to locations on a saw that keep the bar studs from breaking out when yanking a 60" bar out of a pinch situation

I'd say the 346, 359, 372 and the 385, but talk to me in another ten years, although with all the new fangled EPA stuff, they may be the best saws ever made, so hoard as many as you can. Lol
John

For me? A 350, 261, and 372, because I have them. Now the 261 will eventually become a 262. But, my Sawinredneck inspired 350 is better than sex. Dremels came from the hand of God.

262xp, 346xp,372xp, and of course the M96 in 6.5X55.:D

The little 350 should get an honorable mention as well.
Tough little boogers!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'd say the 346, 359, 372 and the 385, but talk to me in another ten years, although with all the new fangled EPA stuff, they may be the best saws ever made, so hoard as many as you can. Lol
John

I like the 359 as well, but was half scared to mention it in this thread. I'm not sure if it's epic, but I sure like mine.

John

The 359 and 385xp really shouldn't be on your list, when the 357xp and 390xp exist?????? :confused:
:givebeer:

Another thing, am I wrong that you just got a new Zama for a 346xp sent up there - or did I guess right? :cheers:

Last edited:
Model 1600 in .358 Norma Magnum:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Oh saws! 2100 is the only Husky saw I ever wanted.

I like the 359 as well, but was half scared to mention it in this thread. I'm not sure if it's epic, but I sure like mine.
Ya, I hear ya 4WD, I got a 359 that EHP built and after at least 100 crds it still makes the trees piss their roots. lol It's light enough you can really wield it around.
John

Back