What do you think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojoman

Reaction score
I recently sold a Husky saw thats over 15 years old on ebay and listed it- as is for parts or repair. It has a scored piston which I showed a pic of along with other pics of the saw. The pics should give a good idea about the saw. I described that the crank turned free and smooth and that I didn't feel any play in it. So that would make you think that the crank bearings are ok. Im not positive that they are, but they felt pretty good to me.

The saw has been sitting for several years. It needs a good cleaning inside and out along with seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line etc. I didn't describe this in the listing. .... Its not a saw that you can drop a piston in and thats all it needs, but I never said it was. It has some signs of pretty good wear here and there, but not bad.

I listed it ....as is for parts or repair. It got pricey. What I think is real pricey. Does it sound like I mislead anyone?

jojoman said:
I recently sold a Husky saw thats over 15 years old on ebay and listed it- as is for parts or repair. It has a scored piston which I showed a pic of along with other pics of the saw. The pics should give a good idea about the saw. I described that the crank turned free and smooth and that I didn't feel any play in it. So that would make you think that the crank bearings are ok. Im not positive that they are, but they felt pretty good to me.

The saw has been sitting for several years. It needs a good cleaning inside and out along with seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line etc. I didn't describe this in the listing. .... Its not a saw that you can drop a piston in and thats all it needs, but I never said it was. It has some signs of pretty good wear here and there, but not bad.

I listed it ....as is for parts or repair. It got pricey. What I think is real pricey. Does it sound like I mislead anyone?

AS long as you described the saw accurately you should be fine. You did not post the ad so I can't read exactly what you wrote. Problem comes up when you describe the unit as OK and it is a bomb. If the item is listed for parts or repair like you say that should cover you as it needing work. Prices on ebay can not be explained, some bidders will get into a frenzy just to win an item and bid much higher than the item is worth.
Welcome to site :)

Post the link, and we will tell you what we think.

I sell burnt out carcasses all of the time, and am real descriptive about what is good or bad about what is there, and have a %100 rating.

Sometimes the bidders go crazy...... That Is what I am there for...........

I would think you would be ok.Some one might have bid it up for one or two parts they can't find any where else..I have sold a lot of saw and parts on ebay and have 100% feedback I always post a lot of pics and try to list every thing I can see and think of and so far so goood..Ebay bidders get wild sometimes

jojoman said:
Does it sound like I mislead anyone?

Not on the description you gave us. People have a way of dreaming a saw up into something better than the ad or pictures suggest that it is. They then bid accordingly. That's their problem, assuming you did a fair job of describing the saw.

The only saws I'd put up real money for on eBay would be new-looking saws that are sold as "ready to cut" by someone who routinely sells saws and has superb feedback. Otherwise EVERYTHING is parts and should be priced accordingly. I think that most thinking people would subscribe to this thought process. The rest of the folks, well, it's economic natural selection, I guess.

Back