What does re-certification cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Reaction score
I know how many CEUs are needed for re-certifying, but how much does it cost?

It seems that I paid around $200 to $250 the first time around for the test and certification.

What does the renewal cost if enough CEUs were acquired to qualify?

You should get a statement from ISA showing your CEU total and cost of renewal. Renewal cost vary depending on how many/which certifications you have. I think the standard CA alone is $125 every 3 years.

Dadatwins said:
You should get a statement from ISA showing your CEU total and cost of renewal. Renewal cost vary depending on how many/which certifications you have. I think the standard CA alone is $125 every 3 years.

I got a statement for CEUs, but not with a dollar amount.

The statement indicated I have 13 CEUs, short of the the 30 by 17.

I'm waiting for a college transcript, and the college pesticides class will provide me with 10 hours per credit hour if I remember the formula right.

So when I send that in in a couple of weeks, I'll have 43 CEUs.

I hear that I can get 5 more CEUs for the article I submitted to Online Seminars, too. So altogether, that should bring the CEUs to 48.

Dada, it's only $100; hasn't gone up in 15 years. BCMA costs $250, which is a lot more but still way less than RCA.

M.D. Vaden said:
I got a statement for CEUs, but not with a dollar amount.

The statement indicated I have 13 CEUs, short of the the 30 by 17.

I'm waiting for a college transcript, and the college pesticides class will provide me with 10 hours per credit hour if I remember the formula right.
That's what it was changed to. Used to be 10 for a 3-hr course or 15 for one with a lab. That was much more in line with what is really delivered--no college course is worth 30. O and what you got sounds more like a statement, not a renewal notice; that's why no $.
I hear that I can get 5 more CEUs for the article I submitted to Online Seminars, too. So altogether, that should bring the CEUs to 48.
Nope, published articles are worth 3, whether they are 3,000 words or 300. It's kind of a stretch to call online articles 'published", but I think your work there merits ceus.

Other ???s see http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/ceus.aspx

My favorite way to get ceus is to take the tests based on articles. And now that those tests can be submitted online, I won't lose out by forgetting to mail them in time. :blush:

treeseer said:
Dada, it's only $100; hasn't gone up in 15 years. BCMA costs $250, which is a lot more but still way less than RCA.

That's what it was changed to. Used to be 10 for a 3-hr course or 15 for one with a lab. That was much more in line with what is really delivered--no college course is worth 30. O and what you got sounds more like a statement, not a renewal notice; that's why no $.Nope, published articles are worth 3, whether they are 3,000 words or 300. It's kind of a stretch to call online articles 'published", but I think your work there merits ceus.

Other ???s see http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/ceus.aspx

My favorite way to get ceus is to take the tests based on articles. And now that those tests can be submitted online, I won't lose out by forgetting to mail them in time. :blush:

I think the college class CEU increase was a wise move.

The Portland college classes are 11 weeks, with about 10 weeks of 3 to 4 hours per night consistent instruction.

So the 30 CEUs is less than one CEU per hour in the seat.

That brings the college classes closer to par with seminar situations where a partial day may be worth 8 CEUs.

College classes I've been in, have short 10 minute breaks. But when I go to seminars, there are longer breaks, lunches and gaps of times between speakers. Usually, an 8 hour seminar amounts to more like 5 to 6 hours of in-the-seat instruction time.

At least the ISA has so many options for CEUs

Back