What exactly is this screw for? Husky Full wrap "screw"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have both, a believe the 357 has one if not two pins as well a rubber bumper.
The bumper will prevent side travel one way
The pins will do that as well but the limited travel will protect the springs from getting strength to far if its abused.
They will help if the saw isn't smacked too hard but unfortunately have never helped my handlebars. ..lol. On the down side if the handlebars are not true or the spring/springs have been damaged then the bumper and pins with cause a vibration. Asways look at the gaps around the saw and compare the backside to one another as well the sides and front to see if it has a side list.
On the smaller saws I end up removing them in this case as it doesn't take much to mess them up.

357 doesnt have anything like this. only the 570 575 and 576 have it. now other saws have limiting stuff like this but its in the tank. i wish that there was a rubber bumper on these pins.. like on a 351/353 on the lower inside rear. maybe ill see if i cant superglue one of those rubber mounts to the stud so it rubs on the rubber and not metal vs magnesium.

anyone else thing this is a stupid design? metal on painted magnesium?

thx for info Gary..

im putting together a NOS (2011 576XP AT) that i got for practically nothing shipped to my door. i about passed out that the saw actually showed up..

never had a 576 or seen one.. i run 372s and other saws (signature block).

I am just going to sell it anyways..

357 doesnt have anything like this. only the 570 575 and 576 have it. now other saws have limiting stuff like this but its in the tank. i wish that there was a rubber bumper on these pins.. like on a 351/353 on the lower inside rear. maybe ill see if i cant superglue one of those rubber mounts to the stud so it rubs on the rubber and not metal vs magnesium.

thx for info Gary..
It's exactly 'like that' if a spare tire mount is in a different spot well guess what...it's still a spare tire mount. Don't be so litteral man
Jeeeez

thx for info Gary..
If someone is pushing on saw hard enough to rub hole in it then the chain is very dull or something along those lines. If it's pinched get a wedge, not pry on it.

If someone is pushing on saw hard enough to rub hole in it then the chain is very dull or something along those lines. If it's pinched get a wedge, not pry on it.
I just get a bigger hammer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back