What happened at Morton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I was just informed that Rotax Robert was a no show. There was talk of him beating Cahoon with Art's 090. Funny thing is Cahoon's kill switch broke giving Bobby Andrews a real chance to beat him. Back to you klicketnumbnutts :)

Here's a little info from an email Dennis sent.

I placed 4th in the hotsaw, 5th in the stocksaw was the best I could do but...Tom's chains won 1st, 2nd, and 5th and my hotsaws won 1st, 2nd, and 4th. Mike Forester won the hotsaw on the second day with a 3.18 and TJ Bexten's 2nd day cut was 3.22 for 2nd place. Jeff Skirvin's 1st day cut of 3.29 was good enough for 3rd, and my second day of 3.31 was 4th. I only made one cut because of a kill switch problem Sat. a big DNF. The flywheel came loose on Mike's saw Sat. but still cut a 4.10. so we fixed it and richened it up a bit and it's second run ever in the wood won the race. That's the new 500 Honda Tom and I started on Thursday. So all in all we had a good show. FMC

i have been waiting to hear from Dean about the show, i have heard reports that the show was unimpressive from a spectator standpoint. no vendors showed, too hot.. keep in mind this is from other people, i was not at the show to give a personal view.

my big goal is to get my 2 husky saws going for placerville.. looks like they will get their first starts on fresh rebuilt engines 1-2 days before the show.. schedule looking aweful tight.. im going to be a nervous wreck competing with fresh off the bench saws.. not really a good way to break in a saw.. heh.

Rotax Robert usually shows up to Deming and Buckley with "the Predator" V-8 hot saw. And he usually runs in 'modified' and 'limited' at Buckley. But he wasn't at either one of those events either.

Dean??? any info???

Gary

I missed the show due to wife/work reasons. If it wasn't work it was wife. LOL. I know Placerville won't attract the big dogs but I'm looking forward to being there even though I'll be surprised if my saw is done in time.
If I'm not done in time it certainly won't be due to a lack of support or tech info from my fellow Mac guys. If I have a good time I may build a husky or a stihl to keep my Mc company. Jared

HEy Guys I am sorry I am up to my elbos in alligators right now. I did not get to stay for everything. I had to get back to the shop and and was even working all day Sunday. Here is a picture of Brandon Hintz on his desent. I forgot my camera but this is off the front page of our local paper. I am going to send a copy of the paper to Dennis as this is his future son in law. This is a great shot. For all you guys who have never gotten the chance to meet Dennis Cahoon; all I got to say is that he is a really cool guy and always makes you feel welcome. I feel like a really small fish around him, but he never treats me that way.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/klickitat/BrandonHintz_1186.jpg

THIS JUST IN!!!!!

Cahoon's future son inlaw is Wade Steward not Brandon Plus Wade is a better climber also. They tell me he's Jr. Barnek.

sorry Dennis Your right Marky I got the 2 mixed up. They were the only 2 racing on the poles. I will tell you what though on the race, Absolutely incredible watching these guys. They can move faster up and down the spar trees faster than most can run that distance on flat ground.

Rotax Robert couldnt make many shows... Been working 7 days a week at my new job and aint got no vacation yet. I be back though.

The best to all of you

so that means you wont be at placerville? i was looking forward to competing with you. this time i am bringing saws that stay running and everything.. really going all out for this baby! hehe

Sure wish I could make it, I already drank canada dry thought I would try so. cal. Next year I will have the time to go. It's always a good time with good people.

Back