What happened to my rod bearing retainers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dufrain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just pulled the cylinder off my 009 to rering it.Isnt there supposed to be a bearing retainer on the rod bearings.When I moved the rod a little sideways all the rollers fell out.Now I guess I have to hunt a crankshaft.This was a parts saw I have never ran.I cant see any damage where the reatiner ran through the motor.Let me know what you guys think,thanx

Sheesh! I just did that on one of mine recently. I was removing the piston from the rod and heard all sorts of little plinks when I noticed the rod was moving a bit more than it should. It's a real bugger to get all the rollers back on and stay in place while you attempt to put the rod back over them. Not much fun at all, even with using some grease.

The Poulan S25, and 2000 series are the same dang way. same for the Mac 120 series, but the Mac has much smaller bearings in it.

Glad to learn this now from you guys on this. Not when I tear one apart, I just hate surprises like that.

I got them back in,I got to looking and I guess theres no real way to have a retainer without having a press together crank like a dirt bike.I guess I will stick something on each side of the rod to hold it in place while I get the piston back in the cylinder.They gave me the wrong ring set at the dealer so Now I have to wait and reorder them on tuesday.Thanx for the replies guys.

They are full complement bearings in order to take the high RPM's and torque in such small sized units.

Back