What Happened to Partner Chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes, you do!
Nope. The deal might have been made in 79 but partners new non pro saws started being sold in 1980. And up until 1980 the Company name MAHER was stamped on all the Husqy heads and the Newly designed Electrolux Jonsereds we being marketed. I was there. Saw the whole thing.

Partner and Pioneer merged in the 80's. Electrolux bought Poulan in the 90's. I never knew electrolux took over partner. I just knew i'd never use one after the pioneer merger. It was 1980 when electrolux took over Jonsered and Husqvarna the same Year Partner/Pioneers started showing up in saw shops.

It all started with Electrolux buying Husky first, and shortly thereafter Jonsereds and Partner around 1978-79 - Husky was immediately appointed the "lead brand". Poulan was bought around 1986 if memory serves - in the mean time they had "swallowed" the Canadian Trail/Quadra operation and Pioneer as well, and merged Pioneer with Partner in North America for a few years. Pioneer/Partner was just a marketing brand though, and the saws remained pure Partner and pure Pioneer in reality.

Also a lot of other OPE brands have been bought by E-lux, and more by the Husky OPE Group, after it was cut loose from E-lux in 2006, with all the other OPE brands and factories.

Regarding the Swedish production of the Swedish chainsaws, all Jonsereds production was moved to the Partner factory already in 1979. Then Husky started making some (new) Jonsereds/Jonsered models in 1982, and all the saw production at the Partner factory was moved to Husqvarna in 1987.

Nope. The deal might have been made in 79 but partners new non pro saws started being sold in 1980. And up until 1980 the Company name MAHER was stamped on all the Husqy heads and the Newly designed Electrolux Jonsereds we being marketed. I was there. Saw the whole thing.

What do you mean by heads? Do you mean the cylinder? if so you probably mean Mahle not Maher......not many saw companies cast their own piston and cylinders, they leave it to the experts like Mahle, KS and Gio...

Latest posts

Back