What I did this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my buddy's mom used the insurance money from when his dad died to buy a place in NorthEast WI. They saved the logs from clearing the land and we went up there to help make some firewood. They tried to get a guy with a portable sawmill to make some slabs but noone could get their equipment down the lane.

So here's what we started with: The top of that stack was over 8' high
attachment.php

Mostly pine with eight REALLY good-sized oak logs (and about a dozen smaller ones). Getting those two oak logs off the top were a bit dicey at first.

Later in the day:
attachment.php

My buddy in the yellow likes to throw the pine...and his dog kept my 455 company. :)
attachment.php

He wanted to save six of the big oak rounds for fire-pit seats... I say it's a waste of really good firewood.
attachment.php

About 1/3 of the pine blocked and stacked:
attachment.php

Who picked out your hat?

You or your boy-friend?

Funny... That was my buddy's younger brother. I was wearing my Peltor all day. AND I was taking the photos.

I don't know what kind of splitter it was - probably Iron & Oak - they rented it from a lumber yard in Crivitz (about 35min away) for $65 for all day Saturday & half of Sunday. Not a bad deal if you ask me. It went Horizontal & vertical which was helpful for those big-azz rounds.
I only wish I could have taken a bunch home with me. I'm glad, though, that his mom's got enough firewood to keep them toasty for a while. :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back