What I got going today....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, Chris!

That's some muddy workin' you've got going. Is there any reason you could'nt have left those big logs for another (drier) day?

Just asking, really. For me, there are few chances that I get - so when I get the chance, I 'get to it'. So I understand if you have to work in the mud - but it still suhhhhcks.

TB

I guess I could leave them, but it bothers me to have it sitting there. I got to get it home to the woodpile...:cheers:

It's just muddy getting back there, right where the logs are piled there is about a 6'' bed of noodles and bark now, so your feet stay dry anyway. I hauled home two small loads so far, couple more to go.

We had a 55v when I was a kid. I don't remember what happened to it.

Nice wood haul! Reminds me I need to get busy!

attachment.php

Daddy, is that a late 80's Dodge you have there?
Actually a 92. My last one was an 88. The 88 was a great truck. The 92, not so much, always seems to be something wrong with it, but I put very few miles on it. It's just a wood wagon.

That's some big wood, Lots of it there, Good job.

Thanks SS, yeah it's a lot of work but it feels good.

We had a 55v when I was a kid. I don't remember what happened to it.

Nice wood haul! Reminds me I need to get busy!

attachment.php

Thanks Dan, I love that old echo/deere. Not the best at anything but it's going to the grave with me.

Great score on the wood Daddy. Looks like you'll not have to worry about stayin' warm anytime soon.

Next year for sure. This is about 2 cord of elm, 2 cord of oak, and about 2 cord of ash and other mixed up stuff that I got this summer, all from the tree removal guys. I already had about 4 cord cut and I only burn about 6-7 in a bad winter, so i'm set for awhile.

I only had to drop about 10 trees in the last two years, it's great.:laugh:

Got another small load today. Never finished the last one yet, not enough hours in the day.

At least the mud is drying up, but for how long I don't know.

attachment.php

Hey Daddy66 nice score of elm in your pics in this thread!!

But now you gotta go and start working on those other two piles in the background of your last picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no?

Keep up the good work!

Bob

Hey Daddy66 nice score of elm in your pics in this thread!!

But now you gotta go and start working on those other two piles in the background of your last picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no?

Keep up the good work!

Bob

Those piles in the background don't belong to me. They were cut off the power line right of way two winters ago and left there. One is mostly white birch in tree lengths so you know what that looks like after two years. The other is a pile of nice spruce and juniper lumber.

Just sitting there......:confused:

Would you believe three more loads today? And they brought another six or so logs after I took the pics....all elm.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like it but it's starting to get out of hand...........

Looks good! Get what you can. Talking rain again for our part of the state tonight and tomorrow. Seems like we get about 2 inches of rain every week. Can't get in to the woods much to get the wood we cut last year. If this keeps up firewood will be going for a high price this winter.

Here's what most of that pile turned into. Now, for those of you that are anal about the woodpile, and need every block to be the same shape, length, smell, texture, etc.....STEP AWAY FROM THE MONITOR NOW.

Anal about the pile I ain't...

attachment.php

attachment.php

and this is what I used..

attachment.php

This will really slow you down while noodling...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Might be hard to see...6'' galvanized spikes. I found 7 of them in this one round. I don't know how I missed them.

Now,this stuff I don't know what to do with. It's linden ( basswood ) which is terrible firewood in my experience. Awful lot of work to process it for the amount of heat you get, but its a shame to just waste it I think. Thats a 16'' bar.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's what most of that pile turned into. Now, for those of you that are anal about the woodpile, and need every block to be the same shape, length, smell, texture, etc.....STEP AWAY FROM THE MONITOR NOW.

If you lived a little closer to me, I'd let you drop off those odd ball pieces at my place for free. I would feel bad if people laughed at your wood pile.

Looks like you were busy. Nice pile you got there. I'd be proud if it.. :clap:

Back