What is on your bench 5-23-15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 550P that is making me question spark/fuel/air and if all 3 CAN be present at the same time... :)

My local dealer called me to say he had a 262 with good compression I could have for $75. Needless to say I immediately drove down. I should have taken pictures of this saw because it was covered with pine pitch which was over 1/8" thick on the muffler end and top handle. The rest of the saw was plastered with it - starter, flywheel, chain brake, top cover, etc. But after about 12 hours with denatured alcohol and a LOT of elbow grease, I exposed a great saw from 1992.

As an added bonus, the saw has a Kolben Schmidt cylinder & piston and a Walbro HDA87 carb that were both perfect. The only major thing I had to add was the bar and chain.

P1020523.JPG

How do you do the painting and what paint do you use?
I just tape up the parts I don't wont to paint after I have cleaned it up I also wiped it down acetone them I use a self etching primer and Valspar paint. I take a big box cut the front out of it and use that for my paint booth.

Anytime. .. hope it keeps tuning in for you. Never got all those carb screw drivers from you :)

My local dealer called me to say he had a 262 with good compression I could have for $75. Needless to say I immediately drove down. I should have taken pictures of this saw because it was covered with pine pitch which was over 1/8" thick on the muffler end and top handle. The rest of the saw was plastered with it - starter, flywheel, chain brake, top cover, etc. But after about 12 hours with denatured alcohol and a LOT of elbow grease, I exposed a great saw from 1992.

As an added bonus, the saw has a Kolben Schmidt cylinder & piston and a Walbro HDA87 carb that were both perfect. The only major thing I had to add was the bar and chain.

View attachment 428532
:clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back