What is "Premium" Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I found the source of this "premium firewood" thing...

I saw boxes of firewood for sale in Walmart and on the box it said "premium firewood"!

Each small box of firewood was $6. This was in the Garden area where they sell fire starters, fireplace stuff, etc.

I think I found the source of this "premium firewood" thing...

I saw boxes of firewood for sale in Walmart and on the box it said "premium firewood"!

Each small box of firewood was $6. This was in the Garden area where they sell fire starters, fireplace stuff, etc.

aint that stuff just rediculous

Premium firewood may exist, but nobody will give you over $350 a cord for it, regardless of what it is. If by some miracle they do, they will nag you to death about its shortcomings and you will wish that you never delivered it. Before they are through with you, you will be begging them to take their money back.

"Premium" is a marketing term, it mean it is more expensive then Season, split hardwood. I would call her back and inform her that you now have available 1 cord of premium hard wood and it will be 50 over the normal price :)

She probably wants the wood that is cut to exactly the same length, split to the same size and looks real pretty stacked up outside her house.

Likely, which in reality provides no real benefit in ability to burn well, fit into stove, provide maximum btu per pound of wood purchased, etc.. maybe if you painted it a matching color it would help! Could be willow or pine and be premium under that criteria.

????????????????

Got a call from a lady yesterday that was given my name by a regular customer, wanting to know if I had any "Premium" firewood for sale.

Told here I didn't have a clue, but I had one cord of seasoned cut and split left. She told me that wouldn't do, she only bought "Premium" wood. OK so I asked what is "Premium" firewood? The reply, if you don't know there's no way I'm buying wood from you.

To be honest, I think I came out on top in that deal.

So my friends, does anyone have a definition of "Premium Firewood" or is one we should take to the ASSC, (ArboristSite Standards Committee), for a definition.

Premium firewood to me means.......One that has better BTU rating for the area you are in.
Take Care

To me the clue would be "Premium" another words, the wood in your local area that burns better then the rest of the crap.

I thought of this thread in wal mart recently. They actually sell BOXES of firewood labeled "premium" at wal mart!
The box even said, "look! Real firewood!" I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was a box w/ 3 or 4 logs in it. I don't know how to do it, but if someone can find the pics of the "premium firewood" boxes wal mart sells and post them here it would be awesome.

Premium firewood may exist, but nobody will give you over $350 a cord for it, regardless of what it is. If by some miracle they do, they will nag you to death about its shortcomings and you will wish that you never delivered it. Before they are through with you, you will be begging them to take their money back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that STLfirewood has posted on here his contracts for firewood for BBQ joints, north of the $350 mark. That is the true "Premium Firewood" market, along with the people that need a small stack in front of the fireplace they never use.

$250/cord for dry oak firewood is easily done here. I plan to buy a log truck load this winter to process for sale next year.

i guess i have split my share of firewood over the years,, and i gotta tell you ,, i can tell the good wood from the bad,, i can tell the difference from wood that looks good from wood the looks like it is good but is funky .. SO ,, i always save the best split wood for me to burn at home,, that's the premium stuff, the rest goes to the neighbors and those who want to buy from us. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that STLfirewood has posted on here his contracts for firewood for BBQ joints, north of the $350 mark. That is the true "Premium Firewood" market, along with the people that need a small stack in front of the fireplace they never use.

$250/cord for dry oak firewood is easily done here. I plan to buy a log truck load this winter to process for sale next year.
I guess these people are buying a stage prop. They are not really trying to heat their homes with wood, are they?

Well, if you can cultivate that market, please do so. :clap:

Ah, it's Gourmet Wood!

Saw this ad on Craigslist for Orleans, MA which is at the elbow of Cape Cod -- good chance the wood is from well off-cape as pitch pine & scrub oak predominate the area.

Cut Split & Seasoned ALL Hardwood for sale $ 365. per cord. Wood is on a concrete pad and is very clean.

I also have the " Gourmet Wood ", this is Kiln Dried and De-Barked. This wood is super clean and starts like a dream, this is $ 415.00 per cord. Get ready for those cold nights, call today,

[premium - exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind.]

with that said, some wood like cedar burns more hot. So you could have a "select" cord of wood which would burn more hot.

Or some wood like oak will burn a long time. So you could have a "select" cord of wood which will burn longer.

Or you could have a cord of wood which adds a nice aromatic fragrance to the room where it is stacked. Like fresh split pine has a wonderful smell. So...
"premium fresh split pine aged two years - aged in unsplit rounds and freshly split."

(i'm making this up as i go along here...)

then the wood could be premium because of where it came from. Maybe it came from an "estate" rather than from billy bob's redneck trailer trash park, so then you could have: "premium estate cord wood - from only the finest estate trees".

Or imported. Maybe "imported premium burmese teak" or "imported premium asian rosewood".

You could also add a "name brand". Perhaps "pierre cardin premium estate imported burmese teak - each piece personally selected and approved by martha stewart - individually wrapped to prevent bruising"?

lmfao!!!!

supermarket

those .75 cu. ft. bundles that are all wrapped up at the supermarket must be "premium" too. lets do some math here...128 cu. ft. devided by .75 cu ft=170.66 bundles per cord. so 170.66 bundles/cord X 5.99 (or even 6.99) per bundle =1022.25 dollars PER CORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or 1129.91 per cord @ 6.99) now dat rite der is sum preeemium farwud. :givebeer: if you go to the right supermarket on that certain side of town you may find little plastic handles stapled to the bundles for HER comfort. HAHAHAHA

Why yes mamm I do have premium firewood how much are you needing? Ohhhhhh ok a cord of premium firewood will run you 600+ tax mam. Well do you have regular firewood lmfao:cheers:

Latest posts

Back