What is the best selling saw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stihl dealer said hes sold more 250s and 170s than all the other models combined

I wondered if it was a regional thing here. There is no more universal saw here than a Stihl 025/250. If you have a farm or a wood stove, you probably have one of these faithfully cuttin' all the wood you need year after year. There's some Husky 51's still floating around but I've never seen a Rancher in the wild here.

My dealer also says he sells a couple of pallets of MS391s for every 362 sold.

I always wondered how well Pioneers sold outside Peterborough and the Kawartha region. Naturally since they were made here, everyone and their brother had one.

Are we talking saws that kept one model name and/or number the same over the years?

Are we talking saws where the model name and/or number was changed over the years, with the saw basically unchanged?

I see those as two distinct categories.

I thought I remembered a print advertisement celebrating 28 million 028 saws sold and the release of the 028 Super to commemorate the event. Somebody at my garage sale back then told me while we were looking at the ad that they had overstated the numbers by more than a million saws for the purpose of a good as at the time.
all heresay cause I sold the ad at some point with other promo literature :(
I would pay good money to buy it back it was a cool ad
Dave

Latest posts

Back