What is the boot with doubled leather on toe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpleiowaguy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I run a backyard crew for the utility doing line clearance and apparently I drag my toe when I'm working the tree. I remember seeing a boot a while back that has a double layer of leather on the toe hut can't remember the name. Any of u fellas know what it is. Maybe halls?

Carolina 16" linesman boots have a double toe. Not comfortable at all though , get the bailey's 16" red dawgs. On sale for $180 right now and hard to beat for the $ I've had both

Honestly any good shoe repair shop could stitch extra leather onto the boot for you.

In the construction industry a lot of guys use glue on plastic caps to protect the leather over steel toe boots. The steel toes dont give, so it is not uncommon to wear right through the leather in short order. I have also seen a DIY product that you can brush on for the same purpose. KGs boot guard or something like that, a Google search should find it... That said I'm a stubborn bastard and insist on steel toes. After tearing through many a toe I've gone over to Wesco Steel Toe Highliners, they are starting to look like hell but I havent worn through the full grain leather over the toe... yet... Either way they are far superior to any other boot Ive ever worn previously (I only buy US made in boots)...

Latest posts

Back