What is the difference (Stihl)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vernon Tull

Vernon Tull

ArboristSite Operative
As I understand it, they are all basically the same saw with slight differences in the engine size. Early on some had a 42cc engine, the standard WoodBoss had about a 47 cc engine, and the WB Super had . . . I don't know . . . something slightly bigger than 47cc perhaps. Some of these other guys can tell you more specifics, and some of them will holler and cuss at you for not going through old threads to find the answer.

I asked recently what were the specific years of production for the 028 line, and no one gave an answer. My guess was 1970s through early 90s.

fishhuntcutwood

fishhuntcutwood

Full wraps and long bars!!!!!!!!!
From IN, stationed in Port Angeles, WA, but AK is
There are several older Stihl's that have a standard, a Super, and some have a Magnum model. They're largely the same (the 056 Mag cylinder bolt pattern is slightly different than the standard and Super) but with different displacements, via diffferent bores. Have you checked Mike Acres' site?

The Wood Boss is just a badge, just a marketing name. Several different Stihls have had the name Wood Boss or Farm Boss.

Jeff