What is the most worthless saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id have to say and craftsman/poulan hybrids.... theres a reason there cheap. but tbh id rather a wild thing over most of the crapsman variants. And yes I do realise that they have ties to husqvarna (what were they thinking)

ALL POULANS I HAVE OWNED!!!! ALL ROPERS.... ALL DAVID BRADLEY SAWS.... AND OH THE TITAN I HAD WAS A HEAVY PIECE OF CRAP! BUT IT CAME WITH A STEEL PULL ROPE...LOL NO COMPRESSION RELIEF.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

saws

I've had several POS saws: #1 pioneer P52-would fall apart while running

#2 Stihl 038- just under powered always down

Mac 110 and anything that cloned it or is like it.

Any saw that makes you disassemble everything short of cracking the case just to get to the carb is not cool. The two best shops around here have specific policies for working on them saws. One of them won't do it, and the other requires a 1 labor hour immediate payment upon dropping it off.

Of course, but the worst chainsaw might have hit the markets yesterday.

I have a lot more faith in AS than the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Actually, there's a bunch of candidates coming up this year that should qualify.

Right now there's 2 saws I run from at the sales, the Mini-Mac and the Mac Cat plastic saw. Maybe it's just because I've not been very successful getting them to run right. I'd even take a Homelite 150 over those two.

Last edited:
well with that being said know about a huskey136 on fire?
just because the oil tank it plastic and whats that's above it well that's a super hot cat muffler
well being over 100F what to you think the labor douse when it starts smoking as it caching on fire?
if you guessed throw it into brush he's trying to clear, you guessed right and setting the side of a hill in napa on fire..

A Homelite 360, back in '76 or '77 the boss showed up with a brand new 360 for a landing saw. What a dog. The good landing saw was a stihl 041, well used, IT ended up in the bosses rig. I've never used one since, the Homelite, but never wanted to either.

Agree on the Homelite 360, wholeheartedly.

Homelite Ranger

ever made?

Name your criteria for choosing.

33 cc saw, plastic, homeowner type saw. I bought it used because it was cheap, and at the time I didn't know that much about saws. It worked fine for about a year, then the chain oiler quit. Being the tinkering type, I looked around online for another pump. Found one for $50.00. Which is more than I paid for the saw. Then I decided to take the thing apart for my own education to see how saws are built. I found out first hand the difference between a pro saw and a disposable saw. On a disposable saw, you can't get to the oil pump without a near complete teardown. So when the oil pump on one of these things blows, what you have remaining is a parts saw. Ain't worth fixing it.

Latest posts

Back