what is the msrp of stihl 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score

yay! i got a new stihl dealer today and he is only 15 mins away. should make trips for necessities easier.
well sort of yay anyways.....;)

got a nice looking setup. very clean and neat. got a few trimmers, a kombi, hedge trimers, concrete saw, and lots of chain saws. only problem is that of 12 or so models he had only two were pro saws. :( ms361 and ms441.
hang tags look like they were sent straight from stihl, big full color tags (my guy has little paper tags tied on with twine).
361 $599.00, 441 $919.00. sounds like a 460 price to me.
is the 441 really that high?

Last edited:
Wow 919.00 does sound like a high price. I will have to stop into the stihl/tractor dealer here and see what there prices are.

yay! i got a new stihl dealer today and he is only 15 mins away. should make trips for necessities easier.
well sort of yay anyways.....;)

got a nice looking setup. very clean and neat. got a few trimmers, a kombi, hedge trimers, concrete saw, and lots of chain saws. only problem is that of 12 or so models he had only two were pro saws. :( ms361 and ms441.
hang tags look like they were sent straight from stihl, big full color tags (my guy has little paper tags tied on with twine).
361 $599.00, 441 $919.00. sounds like a 460 price to me.
is the 441 really that high?

thats $50 more than the new 460 I saw today

thats $50 more than the new 460 I saw today

i was thinking he had the wrong tag... but on the tag was printed ms441.

whats the deal with the huge, high end, official looking hang tags anyway?
i don't think i have seen them before. are they free or do the dealer have to buy them from stihl?

Wow 919.00 does sound like a high price. I will have to stop into the stihl/tractor dealer here and see what there prices are.
i actually know the owner of the overall buisness... he only added stihl to the store. our jd dealer stihl doesn't have stihl yet... but it is only a matter of time i suppose.

Last edited:
Holy Smokes! I bought a 441 new for 719$ (200 bills less) last year with a 20" bar and 2 chains. I know prices have went up a little, but thats too much!

damn, i paid around $825 for mine. but that's been almost 2 years ago.

Volks, for that msrp on a 441, I can get you a new 660 for 50 bucks more here. My cuz just bought one (660) for 975$ new from a Stihl dealer.

i was thinking he had the wrong tag... but on the tag was printed ms441.

whats the deal with the huge, high end, official looking hang tags anyway?
i don't think i have seen them before. are they free or do the dealer have to buy them from stihl?

i actually know the owner of the larger buisness... he only added stihl to the store. our jd dealer stihl doesn't have stihl yet... but it is only a matter of time i suppose.

They send us the hang tags for free. 919$ is the price for a 441 WV with the heated handle and carb.
The regular 441 starts at 829$, and the 460 starts at 869$.
And I've come to the conclusion that we here in the Northeast have the highest cost for a MS660 in the country,
because our list for a MS660 with 16" bar is 1080$.

Last edited:
And I've come to the conclusion that we here in the Northeast have the highest cost for a MS660 in the country,
because our list for a MS660 with 16" bar is 1080$.

16" bar on a 660?:confused:

The PNW guys already think we're nuts for using 20" for firewood on a 660.

My 20" 460 was $869.95 last Dec. Add a $32 dual-port cover & 7% tax = $965.08 OTD.

FWIW a year earlier, my 20" 440 was $729.95. I also added a dual-port cover and with tax, call that $815.28 OTD.

No great favors, but they did have a "buy a case, get a free chain & hat" deal. Both times.

Seemed like the guy tried to sell me the 441 they had for a good bit less than the special-order 460... $819.95 + tax IIRC.

If you look up Distributor's Suggested Retail for a Michigan dealer on the Stihl site, a 16" is 779.95, then it goes up in $10 increments for 18",20",25", ending at $819.95 for a 28".

Last edited:
Prices here in the n east seem to be higher. 441 was mid $800 with 25" es bar. I paid $1099 for 660 with 28" ES. Dealer gave dozen stihl files, 4 RSC chains, a gallon of bar oil and a 6 pack of the 2.5 gal ultra mix. What I cant figure out is how my dealer is selling me stihl chain for 16$ a loop. They sell Oregon/husky for a buck less.

Two weeks ago when I was at the local Stihl getting a loop of RSC made up I was looking at there saws.Wasn't buying and there was no prices on any of them didn't ask about prices but I noticed there was only 1 361 and 1 441 the rest were all homeowner models.

Back