What is the perfect chainsaw for what "You" cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you own a boatload of saws, it's always difficult to wrap your mind around any of these "just one saw" threads. But the original question for this one is framed different enough to make this interesting. What saw is best for what each of us actually need a saw to be. We obviously don't all have the same type of work that we use our saws for.

I'm normally a "372/2171 is the best saw ever" guy. But as good as it is, it's not the best "one saw" fit for my cutting needs. I get into some big stuff, but I also do a lot of tops and such, and I like something lighter for that stuff. So, a single saw that would cover the most ground for me is a good 60cc saw like the 2260, 562XP or 262XP. (notice how I cleverly avoided actually picking "just one saw" there? :) ) But my reasoning here is that a good 60cc saw can handle 75% of what either a 50cc or 70cc saw can do and therefore covers the bases better than a 50cc or 70cc alone can do.

Brian, shut the fook up! The mods are on to you already for being the ring leader! So stop disturbing **** ok? Consider yourself warned and reported.Lol.
John

Back