What is the perfect chainsaw for what "You" cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "go to" saw is my 2005 husky 350. I have many bigger saws, but for the most part my firewood is usually 4"- 18" in diameter. I rarely ever have the need for bigger saws. That and id much rather play with a 10 lb saw vs a 13-15 lb saw all day. Maybe one day I will stumble a crossed a decent 346xp and use that instead.

I am not asking another whats the best chainsaw in the world thread ,I am asking what is the go to saw in "your" collection ,a one saw that will do all you need to do without having to need 2 to 3 saws for the general all around task at hand ,This site is boring today ,lets wake it up some .

Stihl 440 hybrid is my pick ,but you all knew that already .:cool:

depends on what im cutting that day.

if i am reducing - thinning, its the cs370.(trimming)
if its fence-rows its my cs450p. (firewood)
if its felling and bucking- that belongs to the cs590.(logging)

ive found no one saw is perfect all around.

would you use a 80cc saw for thinning saplings? or trimming --- nope.
neither would a sane person use a 14" cs370 for felling 48" diameter timber.

my 45cc saw gets the most use all around purely due to its weight.

My go to saw everyday hand cutting is my old 385xp I can't kill the dang, one top end in 14 years says a lot.uploadfromtaptalk1444964683308.jpeg
If I'm in super big nice wood I'll pull out the 395 with the 42 or 60 and normally the jack or jacks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

my ported ms 461 anything bigger i go with the mastermind ported 660:rock:
I have to agree boss! I'd like to get my ms 460 worked over, ported and the works, and as for 066/660 that's my soft spot cuz that's the saw all my family cut with and I dreamed to get big enough to sling one. Love the power and would LOVE to run a ported one.......like run the Orange off it

Back