what is the wrong with stihl dealers??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sp if you come in with a totally moronic statement, that is totally false, you would rather your dealer to fold, and agree with something that is
totally wrong??????

I had a few "logger" kids come in a few years ago wanting a sprocket for their 028, I put one on the counter, and the experienced one
exclaimed, "No WAY!!!"

That is not what we want!!!!!!

I said well yes, this is an 028 spur sprocket...

He kept it up, yelling "NO WAY!!!"

He yelled at you, what, Fish I thought we had a understanding. If you get yelled at you call me and I go cut the tires on the guys truck, if I get yelled at I call you and you cut the tires, did you loose my number,LOL

Couldn't you get sued for claiming to be the world's #1 selling brand of chain saws and cutoff saws if it's not true?

I'm sure you could if it weren't true, take note, Sawtroll has yet to file suit, we been waiting 40 years, LOLOL

Yeah so even if Husky sells more Poulans, Jreds, Mac's all combined, those are all seperate brands. Stihl just claims to be the best selling brand, not group. Maybe that's the discrepancy.

Yeah so even if Husky sells more Poulans, Jreds, Mac's all combined, those are all seperate brands. Stihl just claims to be the best selling brand, not group. Maybe that's the discrepancy.

Exactly, smart man!!!!

**OFF TOPIC**

Didn't want to start a new thread. Figured a lot of dealers would check this thread out.
Any of you Toro dealers know if you can become a servicing dealer only to get parts from them?

Not in my area you can't. Looked into it.

wow, lots of posts to reply to im proberly gonna forget most but heres the update, talked to the dealer today, last week he said that itd be here monday for sure. so i called today and the guy seemed to get mad at me for calling seein as how i call them alot. but anyways, i ordered other parts from them and they havent called me they keep saying they'll call me they never do they dont know what they're talking about....and my area was hit pretty good sized from sandy, a tree fell on my grandparents house, a whole lot of cars, trucks, homes in their town 15 min away were all smashed to hell, our area should be getting lots of saws. most dealers around here have been sold out but have also been getting many shipments in...i asked my dealer for a stihl chain file guide, he had no idea what that was. he looked into it, come up with a part number, gave it to me, i looked it up and it was a bar sharpener! how can he not know these things, that is what he does is sell stihl parts. theres a sign out front that says they sell professional arborist supplies. i'm really close to cancelling my order on the 461 and switching over to husky. i have quite a few stihl dealers in my area and i have been to all of them and none of them know anything about what they're selling its ridiculous i cant understand how these stealerships are so dumb! i ordered an air filter for my 362 over a month ago and i havent heard anything about it everytime i ask they say theyre working on it. and the sad part is that this dealership is the best one within 20 miles of me.

I don't know. Seems the dealer took on Husky when Echo didn't work too well, then took on Stihl when he wanted to sell some real saws. :msp_biggrin:

Obviously kept the other two as lower priced alternatives...

Well, Stihl is the low price alternative here....

4x4 sounds like you have pretty bad luck. do you think if you sell all your stihls and buy huskies that will change? It would take a lot for me to order a saw from anyone. when i want a new saw i want it NOW.

Vote with your wallet. "Cancelling" your "order" on the 461 probably won't bother them, because it probably hasn't been ordered yet, just like your air filter. I was in the retail/wholesale parts biz for 20 yrs, If I ordered a $1000 item for a customer, I darn well knew when to expect it, or had a good reason why. If I couldn't deliver in a timely fashion, I told the customer up front how long the wait would be. Life is too short to try to spend your money at a place that does not want it.

A while ago I wanted a loop of skip chain to use on a long bar on my 440. Dealer didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Said Stihl didn't make any such. Showed him where it was in the Stihl catalog. " Oh, I guess they do " he says. He called the sales rep or whoever and you would have thought I was trying to source weaponized anthrax. Rep says he might be able to perform some voodoo someday, somehow and come up with it. " Naw ,that's awright" I said, and proceeded to order a loop of Oregon from Bailey's. To be fair, the dealer was real nice and has always done a good job trying to help me and skip chain is almost unknown here ( but it shouldn't be ). I guess not everybody has the benefit of an Arboristsite education.:msp_tongue:

A while ago I wanted a loop of skip chain to use on a long bar on my 440. Dealer didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Said Stihl didn't make any such. Showed him where it was in the Stihl catalog. " Oh, I guess they do " he says. He called the sales rep or whoever and you would have thought I was trying to source weaponized anthrax. Rep says he might be able to perform some voodoo someday, somehow and come up with it. " Naw ,that's awright" I said, and proceeded to order a loop of Oregon from Bailey's. To be fair, the dealer was real nice and has always done a good job trying to help me and skip chain is almost unknown here ( but it shouldn't be ). I guess not everybody has the benefit of an Arboristsite education.:msp_tongue:
How close are you to Meridian? I know a super good stihl dealership there.

Oh you're too patient. I would've asked if he wanted it or not... If not, step, got no time for clowns.

Yeah, he finally left, I told him we would have the sprocket here waiting on him. He came back a couple of weeks later, he went and bought
the sprocket in the next county, but eventually dropped by to apologize.

I said that it was OK, around here the Stihl dealers don't usually employ too many people that know what they are doing, just a lot of ones
that pretend that they do.

i ordered an air filter for my 362 over a month ago and i havent heard anything about it everytime i ask they say theyre working on it. and the sad part is that this dealership is the best one within 20 miles of me.

If after a month he hasn't got your filter in, it's a safe bet that it's not coming. I can't see how this guy could possibly be the "best one" for you.

Time to find another dealer who actually wants and appreciates your business.

update

welp, believe it or not, the 461r powerhead come in yesterday. he did what i asked, kept it in the box. it was the coolest thing opening that box to me. the bar and chain didnt come til today, so for the time being i slapped on a 25" bar with a rsf chain...so let me get it out now, that saw is freakin awesome and well worth the wait! but the dealer still screwed up the order. i asked for a 28" rollomatic es light, when he called me today i asked him before i came to pick up the bar if it was the light version, he paused for a second, made some noise and then said yup stihl rollomatic es light its right here in my hands. i asked if he got me the rslhk chain, he said no he got me rs chain. i was happy he got me the right bar, wasnt too worried about the chain. so i made the trip over there to pick up the bar instead of hunting the afternoon hunt for the elusive whitetail since i gotta outta work a bit early today after they gave us a 9 foot sub and some of a guy there's homemade wine...anyways, i got there and the main guy who i deal with, john, was gone, he takes lunch from 330-5 and they close at 530...i dont get that, it proves inconvenient each time i deal with them, so i looked at the bar and it said rollomatic es. i told the other parts/sales guy, tom, it was wrong and blah blah blah he sent me home with it and said dont use it until john calls you and lets you know whether or not we're going to take it back and get you the right one or not, then at least you have it for the weekend. tom also said that stihl only makes one kind of bar. these guys are woodchucks. tom said he'd have john call me, john never called, i called him and he said that theres nothing he can do, thats what comes with the saw. i argued with him politely over that for a bit, and i lost, im stuck with the regular es, which isnt terrible, cause my other rollomatic es in 28" is kinda spanked it come with my 045 and idk what the guy did to that bar. the chain goes from perfect slack adjustment to you could fit 4 quarters in between it and the bar every couple inches that you rotate the chain. so to end my rambling, i like the 461r, i dont like that they designed it so that you cant fit a scrench on the inner bar nut too good cause the handle is in the way, dumb design. i use my little husky scrench which fits right in there, still kinda tight, but its annoying cause that scrench is so tiny. i put 2 tanks through it so far since i got it and im really liking it. oh and btw my air filter came in with the powerhead. finally. oh and one more funny thing, like 2 months ago i went in there to get a 20" bar for my 362 and all they had was small mount green bars and they said they'd have to special order it. i asked for a rollomatic es large mount 20" and the guy said he had to call his rep to ask about it....these guys are woodchucks. im going to a stihl elite dealership this weekend that i havent been to yet its a bit further drive but over the phone they seem real nice so im going to see what they have to say.

sorry i type so much, i cant even read through all this that i wrote without losing track...

Back