What is your climbing saw hanging on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70 inch bungee yalex custom splice dby Nick Araya. I did the breakaway thing forever, I am 6'6" and it is a big no go fo rmy arm reach. Yalex breaks at 1000 lbs, and the bungee keeps it nice and tight, limiting snatch. It has a ring spliced in about 6 inches up from the loop at the end. This hangs on my old snap I took off my versatile and attached to my new kolibri. I broke the retainer part of the hook outy, so it just hangs with gravity. It does catch and fall sometimes, but for the conveneince of only needing one hand to grab the thing it make sit much easier. I will get pics in a few days..

A 3' piece of hemp with a spliced eye in one end that I put around the clip on the 192t and a small steel biner spliced onto the other end that goes onto the steel ring on my weaver saddle. When I am working the saw either hangs on the hemp or I can clip it onto my saddle with the big el cheapo HD aluminum carabiner that I put inbetween the webbing and leather padding on the harness. Uneventful and effective for years!

Treemandan said it best "This comes back to a pet peeve of mine on the reliance of safety gear at the expense of learning proper technique."

70 inch bungee yalex custom splice dby Nick Araya. I did the breakaway thing forever, I am 6'6" and it is a big no go fo rmy arm reach. Yalex breaks at 1000 lbs, and the bungee keeps it nice and tight, limiting snatch. It has a ring spliced in about 6 inches up from the loop at the end. This hangs on my old snap I took off my versatile and attached to my new kolibri. I broke the retainer part of the hook outy, so it just hangs with gravity. It does catch and fall sometimes, but for the conveneince of only needing one hand to grab the thing it make sit much easier. I will get pics in a few days..
let us get a pic or two of this custom rig nick whipped up fer ya!

Latest posts

Back