What is your favorite climbing tool ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What came first?

OK Here is the Chicken or Egg First question.

What comes first to climb (Skip the boots as it is part of your clothing)

The gaffs (spikes, spurs, etc.) ?

The Saddle (Lanyard is part of Saddle) ?

The Rope ?

Which of these three can you do without and still ascend/descend the tree?

Of course without a saw there is no cutting, so that point is mute.:)

only rope

1970 gto you could climb with only a rope make a saddle with one end leaving a tail to make a friction hitch with and then foot lock with the other end once it is over the branch
no it's not easy, fast, fun, comfortable, it sucks but it is possible

My favorite climbing tool would be a toss up between my zubat and my fairlead pulley

What would make me feel handicapped if I were missing would be the leg straps on my saddle

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Treeclimber 101........errr you said "what's your favorite tree climbing tool" not whose your favorite tree climbing tool :hmm3grin2orange:

OK Here is the Chicken or Egg First question.

What comes first to climb (Skip the boots as it is part of your clothing)

The gaffs (spikes, spurs, etc.) ?

The Saddle (Lanyard is part of Saddle) ?

The Rope ?

Which of these three can you do without and still ascend/descend the tree?

Of course without a saw there is no cutting, so that point is mute.:)

Nope you don't need anything my kids climb my English Walnut trees buck naked with no spurs or rope.

Dude the big shot is the bomb baby. Word up on dat. That is a major time saver. Hell even the lead bag and skinny line has come in real handy for the short trees that need some pullin'.

Hey DangerTree we even use the bigshot to hunt rough and tough ghetto squirrels here in NYC

im going to have to go with micro tender, used a lot of lanyard set ups and that one tool made the biggest impact
second is my echo cs341, i have climbed with t200 and 190s, but god damn it i hate those saws
the rest can be substituted for similar tools with minimal impact, saddle brand/style, rope brand...
boots are right up there tho too

Latest posts

Back