What kind of food or snacks is in your nose bag while out on the rigging?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an old setup like this tramp?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you .
I'm going to make it in the style of the standard old climbing belts using heavy saddle skirting leather . My old belt that I bought new at Panhandle Riggin Loft in Ketchikan in 82 got saturated in 90 wt gear lube this winter . Squeeze bottle got tipped over above it and discovered months later . . These small wirecore flip lines are hard to hang on to so I want a real climbing rope . .
Thanks again .

Tramp WesSpur has wire core flip lines in both Manilla and synthetic. The 3/4" synthetic is very easy to grip.

Yes , Paccity . Thats it . .

Wow , that is impressive ! Whoever carved that climber did great . Actually whoever came up with the idea and concept must of had thier thinking cap on !!! Guyline shoes / plates and everything . .

2 dogs . Thats good to know .

Glen, I have two climbing belts I did some trading for. . . One of them was from 2dogs.

If you're interested, I'd send you one for the cost of freight.

I'd pick up freight for ya, but I haven't had paying work in a while. . . If'n you wanted to wait, I have a steel job coming up that will pay okay.

Tramp WesSpur has wire core flip lines in both Manilla and synthetic. The 3/4" synthetic is very easy to grip.

Bill, did you see the shoe on the springboard they have in that pic? :D

Old school like the ones I made ya, did you ever mount'em?? :cheers:

Wood dude has Caddy pads on his spurs. . . I'm'ah gonna be getting some for these alum Bashlins I got from Cody -- they're supposed to be the bees knees.

Bill, did you see the shoe on the springboard they have in that pic? :D

Old school like the ones I made ya, did you ever mount'em?? :cheers:

whoa, whoa, whoa
I didn't know that there were new spurs and springboard shoes
come on Friday, get here soon

whoa, whoa, whoa
I didn't know that there were new spurs and springboard shoes
come on Friday, get here soon

I don't have the shoes here, I traded Bill some stuff and made him a couple.

He'd have to post up some pics, but they looked an awful lot like the ones in the picture with the wood dude.

I got the design from that old 1930's-1940's video on YouTube.

Doh! The last adjustment eye on both are around 42"-43". . . I have a 34" waist, and that's about what it measures around me for the belts.

Sounds like you need a 50"-56" length belt.

These two won't fit ya. :(

He'd have to post up some pics, but they looked an awful lot like the ones in the picture with the wood dude.

Nice, I have an old book Titled, "The Loggers" from a collection of leatherette bound books about all kinds of dangerous occupations that has pretty detailed pics of springboard shoes that look like that and ones that have the same nose design but the plate attached to the board itself is Vee shaped

Nice, I have an old book Titled, "The Loggers" from a collection of leatherette bound books about all kinds of dangerous occupations that has pretty detailed pics of springboard shoes that look like that and ones that have the same nose design but the plate attached to the board itself is Vee shaped

When you get home, you should see if you can snap some pictures of the book pages! I'd like to see them shoe designs. :cheers:

I haven't mounted the shoes yet. Metals did a great job, the shoes are a work of art. The sharp part might be a bit wide but I don't have a real narrow axe head anyway. I have lost every time I have bid on ebay on a stiletto type double bit head.

Latest posts

Back