What kind of fuel line to use ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OEM pig tails for Husky unless the one you are replacing has the molded grommet.

Yeah, but I keep the Tygon on hand all the time.. In a pinch, I have a trick to use it in place of the "always cracked" molded fuel lines on stihl 1123 and 1127 saws... And it's cheap...

i found tygon 4040 hardening in the tank and shrinking where it goes through grommets like on echos.
i'm using the echo black fuel line with good results. don't know what it's made of but it comes in 6ft. lengths coiled in a box. maybe it's molded. might be nitrile. i'll check.

Go to your Echo dealer and get some of the black factory echo line sold by the foot. Way better than tygon IMHO and about the same price. Stihl dealer wanted $20 for a 1 meter piece the other day....that was the Stihl line used in trimmers and blowers.

Go to your local hobby shop or check a vendor here get 4ft of yellow Tygon comes in several sizes or buy a few spools like my shop has. Please don't use any of those nitro car fuel lines that come in all the different colors not pump fuel friendly and will swell like a fat kid in a candy store..good luck

-Cascade Saw

Go to your local hobby shop or check a vendor here get 4ft of yellow Tygon comes in several sizes or buy a few spools like my shop has. Please don't use any of those nitro car fuel lines that come in all the different colors not pump fuel friendly and will swell like a fat kid in a candy store..good luck

-Cascade Saw

Yep. The silicon nitro/alcohol fuel RC fuel line does NOT play well with gasoline...

-Cascade Saw

Yes i know those vinyl tube are crap. they stretch and hardening in the fuel.
If you look at the pic in the front of this topic you will see whats happened to it...

I have buy 2 foot of yello Tygon today. ill Test it but ill chek for the black anyway and ill test nitrile too. And i'll post the result here.:rock:

Man I'm frustrated with Stihl molded fuel lines. I ordered a fuel line and the fuel elbow for a TS400 and also an impulse hose from a Denver Stihl dealer exactly a month ago and I'm still waiting for the 50 cent fuel elbow and impulse hose. Fortunately I ordered an AM old style TS400 fuel line from China on 7/16/13 and it was here in 10 days so I can get the chop saw off my bench. BTW the china molded fuel line looks as good as OEM... but cheaper and quicker than Stihl. We'll see how it holds up, but I'm using real gasoline.

I found this kind of tubing that could be the best...

"The fuel line is made of either rubber, pvc formulated compounds, or viton material. A Homelite XL2 Chain Saw fuel line that lets permits air can cause poor saw performance or result in a lean fuel mixture which could cause internal engine failure."

Viton® Tubing
Viton® Tubing - (aka VITUBE®)
Known for its resistance to oils and chemicals, this remarkable material retains its good mechanical and chemical resistance properties at extremely high temperatures better than any other known elastomer. Viton is also a standout material in its resistance to weather-related aging and ozone. In fact, samples weathered in direct Florida sunlight showed little or no change in properties or appearance after 13 years of exposure. Viton's fluid resistance far exceeds that of most other synthetic rubbers. It is resistant to hydrocarbons such as benzene, carbon tetrachloride, toluene, and xylene — fluids that normally act as solvents on rubber, disintegrating the material; leading to tubing failure. Engineers looking for exceptional resistance to petroleum-based fuels, oils, lubricants, and mineral acids at elevated temperatures will often turn to Viton, because most other thermoplastics cannot meet the necessary resistance levels.

I want this ! :msp_thumbup:

i just found that the local shell station has added REC 90 gas (ethanol free) at the pump for the boaters. $4.39/gal. got me some.

AV gas for Aviation Gas.
Hard to find in lot of town and much more expensive...

No fuel line or gasket deterioration
No vapor lock or fuel boiling
Minimum 9 year shelf life

$4.39 non ethanol is harder to get here than AV gas. Av gas $5.25. 86 cents more a gallon.

Now if I was logging and using 5 gallons a week then pump gas probably.

Man I'm frustrated with Stihl molded fuel lines.

For you guys tired of being held hostage to stihl fuel lines and filters or any other maker that uses a built on gromment on their fuel lines like husky and echo. Here is what I have been doing since 2011.

I give my guys a choice. Rednecked, aftermarket, OEM. Their choice. They also hear the prices with each. :O

The way this idea come to me was one Sunday in 2011. Buddy smoked his 036, brought his 250 over that he was trying to finish up the firewood cutting for the day. His 250 stopped on him wouldnt restart. Remember it is Sunday.
So I tell him bring it over for a look see and drink some beer. Well found the problem was the top part of fuel line had got those hairline cracks in it and was seeping. Told him I had to order fuel line for it. So we drink some more brew and he was saying how he would like to finish cutting today. So I drink some more and once I had a good buzz I came up with the idea and ran it past him. He was like sure do it. He left and reported no problems worked great.
1st one I ever done 2011 and worked like a charm. Now I even do it on the pro saws or what ever I can with molded special fuel lines.

Been doing this on Pro saws as well. ;)

Just cut both ends of line from tank grommet. Reuse grommet shown below.

ms250redneckfuelline010_zpsa6cb3e31.jpg

ms250redneckfuelline005_zps4f408924.jpg

ms250redneckfuelline020_zpsc88d3121.jpg

ms250redneckfuelline002_zps68f3e716.jpg

ms250redneckfuelline004_zps66e11a3d.jpg

ms250redneckfuelline001_zpsa5650d07.jpg

fool line

this is what i don't like about the 'yellow' lines. don't know which it is but i've seen both tygon and oregon do the same thing in a year. these came out of the same fuel tank grommet on a maruyama weed eater. the one on the right was the fuel pick up. the other two were loose and a lot of fuel splashed out on the engine. dirty, greasy powerhead.

attachment.php

this black stuff came from the stihl dealer. not rubber but very tough & elastic. used on an xl-12 fuel line and it took a lot of pulling through a hole in the metal with no cuts , breaks or tearing. good stuf. use a heavier filter on it, as it's not as limber as the echo rubber line.used it for the oil line too.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back