what kind of saw is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a dangerous one with no chain brake. id say husky but that rear handle and recoil makes me think jred. my eyes must be bad I cant tell if its orange or red.

Actually, it appears to be Red like a J-red with an Orange recoil housing (Husky). I'd say some creative soul with access to a hodgepodge of parts tried to assemble a Frankenstein saw and is now trying to hawk it,...

Actually, it appears to be Red like a J-red with an Orange recoil housing (Husky). I'd say some creative soul with access to a hodgepodge of parts tried to assemble a Frankenstein saw and is now trying to hawk it,...
Well, that can be done, but IDK about that series of saws.

:agree2:
If it runs, and isnt scored up. $250 would be a fair price for a saw that big. Its my understanding the parts are becoming harder to find though

This ain't that hard to figure out. I don't know the model but the brand is easy.

Olympic, Oleo-mac, Efco

I'm with those who say Jonsered, a West Coast conversion, but I'm not sure which model. If you're considering buying it, keep in mind the clutch cover with a functioning chain brake can be difficult to find (if that's important to you).

Looks like a Jred 930 to me. Probably repaired by John's Saw shop in Lewiston. That saw shop has been in business since I was a kid, my dad always had his saws repaired there. They have a ton of parts saws in the back and used to do top notch work, haven't been in there in 30 years, bet they still do!:cheers:

Back