What kind of wood, Chain bounces off of it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this wood and it knocks the teeth of the chain and i'm tired of replacing chain. Also feels a lot heavier than normal.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Haha reminds me of when I was a kid. Grandfather and Grandmother took my oldest cousin out west on vacation. They brought back a bunch of that stuff. I was amazed. Later I was told it was illegal to take that stuff. I always thought Gramps was a criminal for taking it.:D

That's one of my MIL's holiday fruit and nut cakes.

I didn't realize you were on the Christmas list.

Word of warning...it's worse coming out than going in.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!

He probably trimmed that one when it was still growing outside the Johnsons cave.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a whole bunch of it, It would be neat to know what kind of tree it is though. It was buried under lava rock. What i have is just the limbs the tree itself is about four foot accross and buried. I know there have been no volcanoes in arkansas for millions of years. Done some research on it and the trees have to be covered quick to keep oxygen from rotting them. So i imagine the lava flow knocked them over and covered them.

It's pretty hilly where the tree is, so probably the land was formed by lava. I collected a bunch of the lava rock too. I'll post the rest of the pics, Just thought it would be funny to ask what kind of wood is this since there has been a bunch of threads on it lately.

Latest posts

Back