What kind of wood, Chain bounces off of it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty cool. I think my family got theirs from Nevada or NM. maybe. The stuuf was different color though.:D
Yeah it depends on what kind of soil it was in, This stuff came out of a sandy soil. I know it is really heavy. Been collecting this wood for two hunting seasons, When the hunting slows down i go and dig petrified wood.lol

Yeah it depends on what kind of soil it was in, This stuff came out of a sandy soil. I know it is really heavy. Been collecting this wood for two hunting seasons, When the hunting slows down i go and dig petrified wood.lol

So your always digging? :D

Or mind as well call it "digging Season" not hunting.

Did you happen to find that chunk while at deer camp???:givebeer: Pretty cool stuff, I would love to find some wood like that!!
Yes, actually i found three trees.

Haha reminds me of when I was a kid. Grandfather and Grandmother took my oldest cousin out west on vacation. They brought back a bunch of that stuff. I was amazed. Later I was told it was illegal to take that stuff. I always thought Gramps was a criminal for taking it.:D
Well i didn't know it was against the law, I figured it may be on stae or forestry land.

That red saw of yours should take care of that!
No challenge for it.lol

That's one of my MIL's holiday fruit and nut cakes.

I didn't realize you were on the Christmas list.

Word of warning...it's worse coming out than going in.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
Hot Dog, Am i family now.lol

Hey come come with a deer or petrified wood. Either way your not empty handed.:D

"Hot Dog, Am i family now.lol "

Probably.
The MIL has 13 siblings surviving out of 15 known...Her Dad was a bit of a Jack ape Playa in da north woods, and back home with you ridge runners.
Ya never really know...
LOL!!!

Just send that cake to your BIL in a different box, that's how the thing gets around for the last 30 years!;) LOL!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

"Hot Dog, Am i family now.lol "

Probably.
The MIL has 13 siblings surviving out of 15 known...Her Dad was a bit of a Jack ape Playa in da north woods, and back home with you ridge runners.
Ya never really know...
LOL!!!

Just send that cake to your BIL in a different box, that's how the thing gets around for the last 30 years!;) LOL!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
LOL, Don't think i would ever pass on the fruit cake to him, He's a really good BIL.

Cool pics!! My 009 would tear it up tho...it's modified ya know...you are supposed to run the chain backwards, kinda like turning a Skill saw blade around to cut sheet metal.:hmm3grin2orange:

Be nice to find some dino bones, But don't think any is there. But ya never know.

I highly doubt those objects were dino bones....but some of those objects might could be coprolites...or as we say in the modern vernacular..."petrified dinosaur turds"....and yes....those items do get found by archeologists...

I highly doubt those objects were dino bones....but some of those objects might could be coprolites...or as we say in the modern vernacular..."petrified dinosaur turds"....and yes....those items do get found by archeologists...
Nah none of them are bones, They all came off trees. Most of them were the limbs off this big one. It would be neat to find some old bones though.

attachment.php

Back