What makes a 797 Super?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a lid that covers everything and looks standard is a covert operation at times heres a SP125c with a BDC 35mm carb and sloper manifold i built for mysef a few years back deceptive EH.

McBob.

v4001.jpg

bdc_11a.jpg

Not sure what to say Charles, 125 is low for this saw.
With the decomp pluged it can only be in the piston,
cylinder area. Maybe the cylinder is not round anymore
and may take quite awhile to seat the rings. Are you
sure your comp gauge is correct.

Lee

Gauge is good. Jacob is probably right. I found my notes, the piston is good, but the cylinder is .001 out of round at the top and .002 at the bottom. Makes more of a difference than I would have figured.

Thoughts?

Gauge is good. Jacob is probably right. I found my notes, the piston is good, but the cylinder is .001 out of round at the top and .002 at the bottom. Makes more of a difference than I would have figured.

Thoughts?

That's not a whole lot but obviously it's gonna get worse with use. I'd be for having it bored .010" over and getting the oversize slug.

SuperSlow! She's definitely lazy. My 125c would waste it like this. Heck, I dragged out the 5500 to try the new B&C on that and the Dolly owned this.

Oh well. I have another that has to be bored so I'll set this aside until I get to that one and do both then. Not like I need a project: Fix the tank and rope on the 10-10, fix the rope on the 2000, fix the starter on the Wiz, do the air filter on the 101, put on the K&N and West Coast spikes for the 655 when they get here, restore a 797, build another 101 saw, get that 1-71 from Ikeholt to play with :D...

Back