What model is this Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This came with a lot of saws I acquired today. This is my first run in with anything older than mid-late 80's in a Jonsered.

IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0390.JPG

I have precisely zero clues as to what it is, I just took an educated guess as to what brand it was to get this far.

That chain brake was a dealer only installed option......basically the same one was used on all the Jonsereds saws back then......when properly fitted it would shut down the ign as well as engage a friction shoe to the clutch drum when activated. I answered the ID question over in the Jonsered sticky......But, Remember this saw is a Jonsereds not a Jonsered.

Just to post it here as well, as it has a single ring piston it is a 70E (69cc). If it had a twin ring one, it would have been a 66E (61cc).

This is the only known difference between those models, except the bore of the top end of course, and decales (if present).

There were much fewer 66s than 70s made, so among collectors a confirmed 66E is interesting - but the 70 is of course a more useful saw.

Just to post it here as well, as it has a single ring piston it is a 70E (69cc). If it had a twin ring one, it would have been a 66E (61cc).

This is the only known difference between those models, except the bore of the top end of course, and decales (if present).

There were much fewer 66s than 70s made, so among collectors a confirmed 66E is interesting - but the 70 is of course a more useful saw.

I feel I have to make one further comment on that;

One of the last things the grand ol' Jonsereds guru George Blake (user name "motorsag" on here) posted about was finding a genuine 66E - and he had been looking for one for many years, to complete his collection. To say they aren't really common is an understatement.

I feel I have to make one further comment on that;

One of the last things the grand ol' Jonsereds guru George Blake (user name "motorsag" on here) posted about was finding a genuine 66E - and he had been looking for one for many years, to complete his collection. To say they aren't really common is an understatement.

You make me want to pull the muffler on my 66e and double check the rings.

Latest posts

Back