What model Poulan Countervibe is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I am not all that familiar with Poulans so I am looking for a bit of help on this one. I have not measured the bore yet but I was hoping experts like @Modifiedmark could narrow it down. There are many fine Poulan collectors here that should have some input. I value any and all input as I am lost on this

Thanks,
Bill

I have an opinion but I would love to hear from others as Poulans are not one I am that familiar with.
Looking at the crankcase color and the muffler outlet it's either aa 6900, 7700 or 8500.
The bracket just ahead of the rear handle is a giveaway. The newer filter cover anchor bolt goes in there.

There should be a ser no. plate with the model number under the clutch cover towards the rear on the crankcase.

If that is missing, the bore diameters are as follows,

6900 1.845"

7700 1.965

8500 2.065

Looking at the crankcase color and the muffler outlet it's either aa 6900, 7700 or 8500.
The bracket just ahead of the rear handle is a giveaway. The newer filter cover anchor bolt goes in there.

There should be a ser no. plate with the model number under the clutch cover towards the rear on the crankcase.

If that is missing, the bore diameters are as follows,

6900 1.845"

7700 1.965

8500 2.065
Well you get the booby award....the honor of calling me a boob for not looking close enough.:) Yes indeed there is a model plate under the bar cover and it is a 6900.

This is how the site is supposed to work.

All jokes aside thanks to all that posted

Back