What new saw models would you like to see made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a 4.5 HP Auto Tuned Pole Saw that weighs less than 12 lbs. And no Sawtroll, tying the 560XP onto a pool cue isn't going to cut it.:msp_w00t:

This may not be what you were talking about.
But I would love to own a NEW Husky 272XP, I love my old and tired Husky 272XP, I can only imagine a new one....

So does anyone else notice the gaping hole is husqvarnas saw line up? It jumps from 73cc to 88cc. It seems to me that either they are ignoring the large 70cc-low 80cc class or maybe they are working on something. There used to be the 75cc 372xp, and the 385 was 85cc. Now they have the 576xp 73cc (I suspect was meant to replace 372xp) and they did away with the 385xp. I have a feeling husky is working on a saw in the high 70's low 80's, autotune, stratocharged, to steal away sales for the MS460 which seems to get the lions share of sales in that cc range.

Anything with a removable head so we can easily modify them, like decking the heads on a SBC. It would also probably simply their manufacturing process, since you don't have to worry about machining depth. Just bore the cylinder and straight machine a head.

I'd like to see the new 550xp have a real 4hp and weigh 10.8 lbs. Even though I like Stihl they seem to be going the heavier route. a true 40cc tophandle would be nice as well with say 2.75 hp. I can't see anybody thinking too seriously about the bigger 90cc and above since the trees seem to be getting smaller in the logging industry around here. Although a 16.5 lb 6 cube saw would be fun, without limiters that is. Let um keep the cat's as we can work around that issue, its the limiters that pose more of a challenge.

SOME NEW 70-100cc MAG POULANS MADE HERE IN THE US:rock:... THIS WOULD HAVE THE COMPETITION RUNNING LIKE MAD!!!:msp_scared:

Don't know if it was already suggested but a 460 with a 660 top end, basically a 064 but lighter with a little more power. And figure out how to get the case to support it.

I have the best now, well soon when the 7900 P/C comes in.

Back