What other uses for a chainsaw powerhead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are not mine.

Stihl water pump.
ae38369a.jpg

dcd82b85.jpg

66914558.jpg

Debarker

Stihl-08Schael-1.jpg

Stihl-08Schael-2.jpg

A Craigslist ad.:

"twochain saws one craftsmans one homelite both 18 inch bars 50,00 each ready to mow"

I had a guy in South Carolina find me through this site as I had posted pictures of my old Dolmar CC 109. He wanted to buy it for a RC plane engine. He explained that guys who do that like the old Dolmars for the torque and lower RPM ranges than modern saws.

I told him I wasn't interested in selling mine as I had spent alot of time ('cause I'm an idiot), rebuilding it. But as a nice guy, I said I'd find him one here in France and if I got to keep all the parts he didn't want, and he paid for the saw and the the shipping, I'd find him one. I found a really sound CC109 for a great price, test ran it, stripped it and shipped it to him.

I didn't pull the flywheel or the clutch as I don't have the right tools and he told me that he would send me the magneto, clutch, and flywheel when his airplane motor genius finished the work.

Of course I haven't heard back from him in 8 months. Some of the extra parts have already come in handy though.

Pete

Last edited:
No, none of these are mine just posted the pics.
Thanks for the warning about stopping by sometime.:laugh:

That's what you get for putting a return address on that box Cliff...:D

I think I just soiled myself...:bowdown:

mac BP1 drill
Nice. That's not something you see every day.

Mcwelder

welder and mac 940 chainsaw, same motor.

More awesome old stuff. This is a fantastic thread.....:cheers:

wow, that homelite brushcutter looks heavy. i bet it could get a nasty sidekick. some really amazing stuff posted so far.
kevin

I was mad for having an oiler problem; now I am mad that I don`t have more powerheads with the same problem
LOL
good stuff....
I think I`ll put it on a bike. 50 cc should do , don`t you think ?

I think I`ll put it on a bike. 50 cc should do , don`t you think ?

50cc is the limit here in the states without having a license plate or classified as a motorcycle as long as the peddles are still on the bike. A few of my buddies built them this summer. I am going to do a 61.5cc because my chainsaw head looks smaller than my buddies 50cc on his bike so i might get away with it unless the cop is a member here :)...Bob

I've got a little Homelite Water Bug pump. I guess it's from the early 80's. My Dad used it to pump water from the creek into 55 gallon drums and then pump them onto his garden. I'll post a pic in the morning, Joe.

Back