What other uses for a chainsaw powerhead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homycutter.jpg

homycutter2.jpg

brushcutter001.jpg

brushcutter003.jpg

brushcutter002.jpg

whats the dawg for?

I've got a little Homelite Water Bug pump. I guess it's from the early 80's. My Dad used it to pump water from the creek into 55 gallon drums and then pump them onto his garden. I'll post a pic in the morning, Joe.

Here's a pic of the water pump, I guess it doesn't count, it's not a power head. It's a purpose built tool, Joe.
001-20.jpg

whats the dawg for?

The felling spike remains on this saw because it is a multi use saw.

In the ad above you see the same power-head with a straight bar and a bow-clearing bar as well as the brush-cutter.

It only takes a few minutes to change over from one to another.

The extra ounce of weight was not an issue to the men that ran these saws.

The saws built in the 40's through 80's were designed to be run by real men.

Only as of late has it become an issue to squabble over a few extra ounces of weight on a saw

The felling spike remains on this saw because it is a multi use saw.

In the ad above you see the same power-head with a straight bar and a bow-clearing bar as well as the brush-cutter.

It only takes a few minutes to change over from one to another.

The extra ounce of weight was not an issue to the men that ran these saws.

The saws built in the 40's through 80's were designed to be run by real men.

Only as of late has it become an issue to squabble over a few extra ounces of weight on a saw

i was thinkin it was for leverage on some thick brush, just set in thigh and go.LOL. cool though

Last edited:
Sawbones, you absolutely made my day on that one. Just as I head out to buck up some 14" to 16" Oak logs for firewood, with my Homelite Super 1050 with the 36" bar on it. If I wasn't so lazy I'd stick the 24" bar on it, but then I'd have to touch up the chain on the 24"er, and like I just mentioned, I'm lazy, Joe.

Sawbones, you absolutely made my day on that one. Just as I head out to buck up some 14" to 16" Oak logs for firewood, with my Homelite Super 1050 with the 36" bar on it. If I wasn't so lazy I'd stick the 24" bar on it, but then I'd have to touch up the chain on the 24"er, and like I just mentioned, I'm lazy, Joe.

Joe, if it dont killl ya, it only makes you stronger.:hmm3grin2orange:

have fun and be safe. :)

ric

Back