What saw would you grab right now.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has been fun fellas!
Been great to hear all the favorites.
Political types could learn a thing or two from use cad sufferers.....
Look at how many different opinions we all had but still enjoyed discussing it!!
Pretty simple concept... you don’t have to hate someone who has a differing opinion.
Agreed Bob. Read thru all 5 pages this morning and didn't see any bunched panties.:laugh: Some saws mentioned that i would love to run thru a 20" oak. Maybe even that Senix 4 stroke that @hwrdpromac7900 mentioned. :surprised3:

Lol so many( including myself ) find it hard to pick one. So I’ll throw in my 2 cents worth on “ if I took two” .......
It would likely be a pro Mac 700 they scoff at a mere 20” log!!!Man I love those saws!

for stomping around in the top???? A Mac 6 or maybe a little skil that I was going to ditch but my 5yr old informed me it was his saw and I had to get it running!! Then I fell in love with the mighty midget!
I think It's safe to say we'd all like to take at least two saws lol. I chose my 6400 because It's got a hidden secret in the form of a 7900 piston and cylinder. Bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

What would I like to have? or what do I actually have that I'd grab??
I'd say my Stihl 026 w/18" B&C
This will take care of 80% of this tree with a single cut. The remainder won't be any grief for multiple cuts and my back will be all the better when the job is done.
I've really come to appreciate having a polesaw to clear tops and miscellaneous brambles that hang up or hang over you as you try to clear them out. Anything that could snap, pop, or roll, distance is your friend as you relieve the strain. If there was one addition allowed, this would be my pick.

What would I like to have? or what do I actually have that I'd grab??
I'd say my Stihl 026 w/18" B&C
This will take care of 80% of this tree with a single cut. The remainder won't be any grief for multiple cuts and my back will be all the better when the job is done.
I've really come to appreciate having a polesaw to clear tops and miscellaneous brambles that hang up or hang over you as you try to clear them out. Anything that could snap, pop, or roll, distance is your friend as you relieve the strain. If there was one addition allowed, this would be my pick.
Sounds kinda like why I would go with my 10-10 lightweight if I only took one. Still plenty of grunt to handle the log but not bad to lug around in a top. A good solid all around saw.

It would not really matter because the 10 or so saws I have in the 60 to70 cc range are so close in performance so I would grab one that I know I just recently sharpened.
Kash
You need to spread those cc`s out a bit. my herd starts out at 34cc and runs up to 137cc, they all have their plus and minus on any cutting job. The 70 ish cc saws can get er done though on any tree or wood we have here.

How long you had the Super 380? I'd love to find one. They're like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I’ve had mine since @ 2012-13. I got it from a member here. It was his dads and found it in the garage, he was going to get it running. I PM’d him if he didn’t want to pursue it I would be interested. I never heard anything, then a year later I get a PM from him about it and I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poulan Pro 445 with 20 inch or 24 inch bar. 4.3 cubes of power and speed. I've cut Hundreds of Full cords of wood with this thing since new, and it still runs like a top.
Awesome saw. Quad port Partner design. I have one so I know what your saying.

Latest posts

Back