What saws do my fellow wood cutters have??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heat with wood and burn around 5-6 cords a year. I have a dolmar ps 421, stihl 440 magnum, and a mmws stihl 461. I love all of them but I'm starting to think I want a small top handle saw. Not really sure why. But that's never stopped me yet.
I had one small tree to trim for my girlfriend's brother. That's all I needed to justify a new top handle. About an hour of work.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I have a 850 pro Mac that my pap made his livening with, I would like to someday restore it.
That would be a nice saw to restore they are strong 82cc machines. I been hunting for a decent one but so far havent got my hands on one yet.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

That would be a nice saw to restore they are strong 82cc machines. I been hunting for a decent one but so far havent got my hands on one yet.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk
Any ideal where I can get cosmetic parts? It did run but I retired it a few years ago, was thinking about just doing a cosmetic restoration to remember my pap.

Any ideal where I can get cosmetic parts? It did run but I retired it a few years ago, was thinking about just doing a cosmetic restoration to remember my pap.
Do some digging in these forums. Plenty of Mac fanatics and lots of info. Could even start a thread and tell them what you're looking for. The people here are very helpful.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Me and a couple friends bucked about 9 or 10 cords of oak this week for another friend of mine. The majority of it was cut with a Tree-Money 261 version 2 (with heated handles :)), a ported 350/346, and a MOFO 036. Even though they're on the small end of the displacement range, they RIPPED. The Stihls both had 16" bars (.325 on the 261) and I had an 18" on the husky. They all had nice lean-on torque with the bars buried, and the light weight and short bars are nice for having in your hands all day.

Latest posts

Back