what should i price this tree at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just wish i had my gear with me when i was out there. i was eyeing up some smaller ones that i figured i could tie in on and swing over to a big one.
how do they get up them? is it 2 men on opposite sides belted together.
it seemed easier to climb them with ice tools and crampons. just carry a makita to screw in eye hooks for protection till you get to managable wood.
they cut those bad boys down with hand saws. no 3120's back then. thats when men were made of steel and ships were made of wood.

spike,

Order Gerry's CD, it is only $17, and it is great!! Pics and stories of climbing the big ones.

Flip lining was the old way, now entry is done with crossbows mostly. Some line guns. Then ascend using SRT. I did a 170 foot pitch in the big one we climbed in Seattle, using Mar-bars on a doubled line, which are four CMI's, with horizontal handles.

Last edited:
Obsessed, yes. She'd never climbed a tree before the sit. But she sure developed big ovaries, especially during the 110 mph windstorm...!!!

I think activism has its place, at least in helping a balance to be found, with the given issue.

Hi Roger,

Is that the same tree sitting chick who slipped off the platform and fell to her death not long ago? The ironic thing was, her "activist" group had already caved into an agreement with the big boys about which sections of old growth they were going to harvest.

i think your talking about some one else. i know for a fact julia butterfly was still around as of dec of 2001. she was shedualed to appear at a hippie coffe house in asheville nc while i was visiting there.
i may not share all hers views but i have to give her credit. every so often you hear about a tree sitter falling. i thought about contacting the lumber companies to see if could get a job removing the tree sitters:)

LOL I can see A tree sitter in SC Hey You up There! How long did it take you to climb up there? I'll have you Down in about 30 Seconds! HANG ON! {Firing up the Saw} :eek:

RB re:tallest fir (22fir.ipg)

RB;
There appears to be a time warp in that photo: What's the story with the guy with the chainsaw?
RogeR

I use to live in Asheville,on a co-op,loved it,wish I was still there.I climbed a few old growth hemlocks off the parkway.Linville falls area. Asheville, NC is far ahead of most places in the states.First time I ever saw a REAL TOP job.:D Man I love hippie chicks:blob2:

Latest posts

Back