what splitter to get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlbz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ok, im just starting with firewood sales etc and i have a old wood splitter now, my problem is the splitter is only horizontal and doesnt go vertical. i want to buy a new splitter so its faster for the big stuff. im looking at the huskee line up at tsc. should i get the 22 ton or go for the bigger one?"

I would say go bigger if you can afford it. Especially since you are going to be dealing with alot of wood. We have a 20 ton splitter and there has been times where it would not split the wood. It would be nice to have a bigger one.

Take a look at the Speeco 25 through 35 Ton lineup. Speeco produces the Huskee brand for TSC, but their own Splitmaster brand has a better engine layout, bigger pumps & cylinders and faster cycle time.

Take a look at omni-mfg.com for great pricing on the full line-up PLUS Free Shipping! Rock is easy to work with, you get your splitter built to order, shipped free and depending on where you live, no sales tax. With this deal you can get a bigger, faster splitter for very little over what you'de paying for the 22T at TSC.\

As for Speeco, there is no better customer service and support anywhere for anything! Kevin Greer is their support guy and he frequents this forum. Know any other splitter company that does that? There was a minor problem with mine when I received it and Kevin was all over it instantly!

I went with this one:

3666399.jpg

25 Ton Splitmaster with 10 hp Briggs, 16gpm pump and 12-second cycle time. This thing is a brute! On a couple of really gnarly pieces I had it just cut through the wood that it couldn't split.

Back